Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The most interesting thing about you

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Longer, deeper dives requiring planned decompression stops. This really ups the ante.
    With your detail-oriented mind, you should excel at this!

Luckily we bought it used but still lost money. We have used it more as a guest bedroom. We didn’t buy a trailer because none of our vehicles could tow one.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I had a coworker that did cave diving with her boyfriend. As I remember she had to get special training and certification.
    You have no idea how extensive/involved cave training is. A friend went though it last year. Dang! I’m not interested. Wet rocks in the dark seem just boring. Love my wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    With your detail-oriented mind, you should excel at this!
    The in water work is going to be hard hard work. But fun, too!

I once broke the sound barrier in a T-38 trainer (Don’t worry, I wasn’t driving).

I sold Microsoft in the early nineties because I thought they had run their course and oil shale was the wave of the future.

As a young man, I joined Mensa as a way to meet women. I was unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I once broke the sound barrier in a T-38 trainer (Don’t worry, I wasn’t driving).
    I once sat overnight on a T-38 crash site when a reserve pilot took it nose down in an Indiana farmer's field. Had to wait for the nearest EOD team to respond and disarm the ejection seat so the pilot's lower torso could be safely recovered. The nearby but crispy upper torso smelled like chicken cooked with a flame thrower. I still see it in my mind every time I hear or read that particular plane's designation.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I emmigrated from The Netherlands as an infant. My parents are WW2 survivors (Rotterdam was horrifically bombed). We started our life with 2 old cars gifted from our parents. As a RN, I have retired a multimillionaire. Hubby is still working-he made min wage well into the 90s so has some bankrolling to do to have the retirement he wants.

I don't know that "normal" people would find this interesting as jealousy runs rampant for those with a bit of wealth. They are too damn busy living above their means and working like slaves to make their monthly payments.

It's sad success in our culture is celebrated by the latter. but here? HERE WE CELEBRATE frugal living!

I just checked my asset total: I drew 1/24th this month of what I earned in the recent 2 weeks. I think I'm going to be OK for the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I once sat overnight on a T-38 crash site when a reserve pilot took it nose down in an Indiana farmer's field. Had to wait for the nearest EOD team to respond and disarm the ejection seat so the pilot's lower torso could be safely recovered. The nearby but crispy upper torso smelled like chicken cooked with a flame thrower. I still see it in my mind every time I hear or read that particular plane's designation.
    I think I was assigned a better AFSC than you were.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think I was assigned a better AFSC than you were.
    Oh, I don't know about that. 812X0 served me well enough later in life.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    Yes, it is. They prefer to treat their 57 year old daughter who took a 10 year break for adulting to drink herself almost to death like a Queen instead of being proud of their son who got a job, married, had kids, bought a house, has money in the bank, etc. Makes no sense to any of us. As far as the RV, there is no place even close to us to rent one plus husband wants a camper, not an RV. I told him that I have this dream of sitting in the big chair overlooking the sites through that big windshield as we drive down the road and a camper just doesn't fit that dream.
    Sounds like a narcissist family dynamic and your husband is the scapegoat. They are really resentful and success.

Thread Information