Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ethical clothing- is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Weird how different it can be. I tried picking up what I thought was a no-brainer item, a pair of jeans, near my Mom. Every place I could find looked like all the clothes came out of grandma's attic, and not in a good way. Wrinkled, mothball smelling, or worn threadbare, and strange out of fashion things like jeans with pleats at the waist. I can understand why some people turn their noses up at the concept of thrift stores if that's what's available.
    pleated, high waisted mom jeans are fashionable again. Hard to believe.

I had a friend who lived in a near by college town. In the not too distant past we would dive dumpsters at the semester's end move outs. We got some pretty decent clothing and assumed some of came from wealthy kids who could afford out of state tuition, but would travel light when returning home. I still have a few things from those days. Anymore I just try to buy quality cotton based clothing and wear it out. I get a couple of years or more out of a pair of Levis and it's not too hard to find men's shirts made with organic cotton. I could do better but it's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    pleated, high waisted mom jeans are fashionable again. Hard to believe.
    I was thinking those sounded pretty cool. I've never liked low-waisted anything...

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    pleated, high waisted mom jeans are fashionable again...
    Mmm, because everyone likes to look pregnant even when they aren't. Think I'll skip this one!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I was thinking those sounded pretty cool. I've never liked low-waisted anything...
    I'm definitely past the low waisted jeans that give me permanent muffin top, plumber's butt and put the pockets underneath me when sitting - ooh, how sexy is that! - but my tummy already tends toward poochi-ness these days, I hardly need a foot of extra fabric to enhance that!

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    I'm definitely past the low waisted jeans that give me permanent muffin top, plumber's butt and put the pockets underneath me when sitting - ooh, how sexy is that! - but my tummy already tends toward poochi-ness these days, I hardly need a foot of extra fabric to enhance that!
    You're probably right, but I generally wear long, loose-fitting tops anyway, so it's all moot. If I were built like a model, I'd like pleats even more.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You're probably right, but I generally wear long, loose-fitting tops anyway, so it's all moot. If I were built like a model, I'd like pleats even more.
    I'm at that point where a long loose top over leggings looks ok, but a long loose top over big pouffy pleats is going to make me look like I tucked a large sponge into my pants.

Thread Information