Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Meghan and Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Just read that a doctor in Australia filed a objection to their patent on the Sussex name for their website. Will be interesting on what grounds.
    That one has been rescinded but others are being presented...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51241526
    Ben Evans, senior associate and chartered trademark attorney at Blake Morgan, said the IPO had considered the Sussexes' application for an unusually long time before publishing the trademark, perhaps because of rules over the term "royal".

He said someone might formally oppose a trademark registration because they have a competing brand with which it might be confused, or because they object to the description - since the couple are no longer senior royals.

But unlike a full objection, filing a notice of threatened objection requires no fee and no evidence, he said.

"You could just do it to be difficult," said Mr Evans. "It looks like the IPO might be quite busy on this one.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Just read that a doctor in Australia filed a objection to their patent on the Sussex name for their website. Will be interesting on what grounds.
    Well see this is why the H &M show receives derisive comments. Retiring from royal public life to quietly raise their family is one thing. Attempting to Trademark their name, the name bestowed on them by the Queen, seems —tacky. Trademarks. Websites for commerce. All of it not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well see this is why the H &M show receives derisive comments. Retiring from royal public life to quietly raise their family is one thing. Attempting to Trademark their name, the name bestowed on them by the Queen, seems —tacky. Trademarks. Websites for commerce. All of it not nice.
    Exactly.

Tacky is the word and I bet that the Queen isn’t happy.

I agree that selling merch under the Sussex brand is incredibly tacky and smacks of Trumpism. If they want to branch out, learn trades, or even dabble in celebrityhood, fine, but if you're going to go your own way, go your own way.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I agree that selling merch under the Sussex brand is incredibly tacky and smacks of Trumpism. If they want to branch out, learn trades, or even dabble in celebrityhood, fine, but if you're going to go your own way, go your own way.
    Agreed. Reminds me of Celeblogger Gwyneth Paltrow who has been so derided for Goop. The "nouveau-riche-ness" of it all only makes me think that Meghan was behind it. It doesn't seem like an idea that would come to someone who has lived his life as a royal.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Agreed. Reminds me of Celeblogger Gwyneth Paltrow who has been so derided for Goop. The "nouveau-riche-ness" of it all only makes me think that Meghan was behind it. It doesn't seem like an idea that would come to someone who has lived his life as a royal.
    oh Gwennie and her Goop. So snark worthy.

Amused how the women on this site are seeing Harry as this poor little innocent boy being led astray by the evil woman. He is 35 years old and has been exposed to stuff most of us will never see. Do you really believe that he was picking posies in Afghanistan with all the soldiers? Has he been sheltered from everything? Do you really have that little respect for the training that he has been exposed to all his life for his royal role?

She will have her hands full to support him as he makes the transition from a life with limited freedom and specific family, public and social expectations to finding his own niche and self-worth in the world. Walk in her shoes for a change. Try it. Why are some women are so cruel to other women? Why can't we support each other instead?
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Amused how the women on this site are seeing Harry as this poor little innocent boy being led astray by the evil woman. He is 35 years old and has been exposed to stuff most of us will never see. Do you really believe that he was picking posies in Afghanistan with all the soldiers? Has he been sheltered from everything? Do you really have that little respect for the training that he has been exposed to all his life for his royal role?

She will have her hands full to support him as he makes the transition from a life with limited freedom and specific family, public and social expectations to finding his own niche and self-worth in the world. Walk in her shoes for a change. Try it. Why are some women are so cruel to other women? Why can't we support each other instead?
    I don’t see Harry as a pawn at all, he’s a grown up man. Maybe his choices are somewhat foolish, maybe not. He will have to find his way in the world like other men have to find their way in the world.

I know that you’re sorry you started this thread, so I’m sorry for your sake it took off in a direction you don’t like.

But I never buy the line that women have to support other women because they are women.

None of us know what the truth is and frankly I donít really care.

Thread Information