Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meghan and Harry

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Oh dear, please let's not turn this into a diminishing of a person. That is happening enough on social media and scandal rags. We don't know either of them enough to judge.

I was examining the impact of such a step in terms of the role of royalty. Some of the other royal lines have reduced their numbers, gone low-key such as Denmark, I believe. I have read reports about Charles examining how to reduce the number of those on the taxpayer's dime or some variation of that reasoning.
    I am not so sure why people hate her so much. They loved Diana. They really love Kate. But hate Meghan. Obviously we don't really know what is going on in their lives but with Meghan's family (minus her mom) speaking out against her, Harry's recent estrangement with William, and now this, it does seem like something is going on because of her. Harry and William were inseparable growing up and still pretty close after William got married. Just seems like there is something with Meghan that warrants the criticism. I just hope that this step back from the family is what Harry really wants and not just a ploy by Meghan to get her control over him. I am sure if Harry will always be welcomed back into the family but it might be with the condition that it is just he and Archie. I do find it interesting that Meghan has such an issue with her life being under a microscope constantly when she knew that was exactly what would happen when she started dating a Royal. Diana is proof that it can get out of hand and Meghan was well aware of how that ended.

Wow, I wish I had not started this thread. There is enough hate in the world for all kinds of issues. I had no intention of adding to it.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...sychology-hate
    Hatred has to be learned, Golden says: “We are all born with the capacity for aggression as well as compassion. Which tendencies we embrace requires mindful choice by individuals, families, communities and our culture in general. The key to overcoming hate is education: at home, in schools, and in the community.”

https://www.everydayhealth.com/emoti...ve-power-hate/
    The hand that slaps also has the potential to become the hand that comforts. It all depends how you choose to use that hand.

This point is also made in this anecdote, Native American in origin: A grandfather talking to his young grandson tells the boy he has two wolves inside of him, struggling with each other. The first is the wolf of peace, love and kindness. The other is the wolf of fear, greed and hatred. "Which wolf will win, grandfather?" asks the young boy. "Whichever one you feed" is the reply.

I couldn’t agree more with these two sentiments. The more you hold onto hatred, the more likely it is that the hot coal of the emotion will burn you. And the more you feed it, the stronger it becomes.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I read that they set up a website to sell items.
    Hmm, I somehow don't see them as being eBay sellers, or anything like that. What are they going to sell, befitting their status? Vintage coronation/Jubilee tickets?

I see Harry as being the modern-day Edward VIII, deciding his priority in his life is going to be the woman he loves. So what? He has no meaningful place in royal life, given he is far down in the line of succession. He might as well focus on his own life now.

As for Meghan, I have no opinion of her. I don't know her. razz, maybe they'll wind up in your neighborhood--Canada seems to be a really great neutral territory for them, given its ties to the Crown and the big ocean that separates them.

All this talk simply makes me wish my MIL was still around, given how much she loved the British monarchy, and all the stories surrounding it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmm, I somehow don't see them as being eBay sellers, or anything like that. What are they going to sell, befitting their status? Vintage coronation/Jubilee tickets?

I see Harry as being the modern-day Edward VIII, deciding his priority in his life is going to be the woman he loves. So what? He has no meaningful place in royal life, given he is far down in the line of succession. He might as well focus on his own life now.

As for Meghan, I have no opinion of her. I don't know her. razz, maybe they'll wind up in your neighborhood--Canada seems to be a really great neutral territory for them, given its ties to the Crown and the big ocean that separates them.

All this talk simply makes me wish my MIL was still around, given how much she loved the British monarchy, and all the stories surrounding it.
    Honestly neither do I. I am not a person who is big into "celebrities" and worry about myself and those around me more than strangers in the world. I wish the networks felt the same. I can see weeks and weeks over coverage on this and how the Queen is reacting to it.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Oh dear, please let's not turn this into a diminishing of a person. That is happening enough on social media and scandal rags. We don't know either of them enough to judge.

I was examining the impact of such a step in terms of the role of royalty. Some of the other royal lines have reduced their numbers, gone low-key such as Denmark, I believe. I have read reports about Charles examining how to reduce the number of those on the taxpayer's dime or some variation of that reasoning.
    There is always room to downsize. In any household whether a big royal one or a modest 2 br bungalow, things and habits and rituals and processes can always be jettisoned.

I think it makes a lot of sense for Harry to step out and become a minor royal. Wouldnt it have been nice if prince Andrew had done that some time ago, there wouldn’t be all this High level embarrassment about his shenanigans with Jeffrey Epstein.

Isn’t it princess Anne’s children who are just regular folks? And I barely remember the names of the queens youngest two children, or is there just one of them? Edward I’m thinking of.

Yes they need to reduce their numbers

We loved Suits and always watched it. I don’t think that the queen is going to approve of them selling items under the Sussex name which is what they plan to do.

Oy, the plot thickens. H &M ( maybe they can hawk clothing dor that line) took baby Archie to
    Canada, then flew back to the UK to make their announcement. The Queen officially has authority over Archie.

This is Cloak and Dagger stuff. It is the basis of a tv movie, “Saving Archie” Or some such thing where
    Meghan Markle woild be played by television actress—Meghan Markle!

I like it.

Geila
    If The Crown is any indication of what royal life is like, I wouldn't blame them one bit for wanting out. It seems like a horrid way to live.

And like razz, I'm surprised at the hateful comments directed at Meghan. I thought we were a bit more evolved here on this forum. Meghan has no class? Meghan has her husband's balls in her purse? Those comments say more about the person saying them than about Meghan.

Aren't we advocates for living the chosen life? For respecting those who wish to take the road less traveled? And aren't we old enough to be respectful, rather than catty?

I read yesterday that the queen has legal custody of any grandchildren that are born which strikes me as odd. I think the reason that many people don’t like Meghan is that Harry was happy before her and now seems quite miserable. He also lost a close relationship with his brother. Spouses can and do ruin family relationships. My brothers’s wife ruined ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    If The Crown is any indication of what royal life is like, I wouldn't blame them one bit for wanting out. It seems like a horrid way to live.

And like razz, I'm surprised at the hateful comments directed at Meghan. I thought we were a bit more evolved here on this forum. Meghan has no class? Meghan has her husband's balls in her purse? Those comments say more about the person saying them than about Meghan.

Aren't we advocates for living the chosen life? For respecting those who wish to take the road less traveled? And aren't we old enough to be respectful, rather than catty?
    +1. This thread is disappointing.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information