Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meghan and Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    And like razz, I'm surprised at the hateful comments directed at Meghan. I thought we were a bit more evolved here on this forum. Meghan has no class? Meghan has her husband's balls in her purse? Those comments say more about the person saying them than about Meghan.
    It also embodies a model of gender roles and relations that I thought we'd moved past.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I read yesterday that the queen has legal custody of any grandchildren that are born which strikes me as odd. I think the reason that many people don’t like Meghan is that Harry was happy before her and now seems quite miserable. He also lost a close relationship with his brother. Spouses can and do ruin family relationships. My brothers’s wife ruined ours.
    I think we have to be careful not to see too much through our own lenses. How would we know if there is really a split between the brothers?

Prince Harry has talked before about lesving The Royal Family’s firm. I think it is great that his own little nuclear family gave him the impetus to GTFO.

If you watch their body language when together you can see something is different. Also I think harry briefly eluded to it in a interview.

Sky news says they stand to make 500 million in first year marketing their Sussex brand. I think it's really sad how they treated the queen, who is same age as my mom and a very heroic figure. I remember my mother telling me that during the war,they stayed in London during the bombing because their subects couldn't leave.
    Not a fan of Harkles.

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    I am not so sure why people hate her so much. They loved Diana. They really love Kate. But hate Meghan.
    Perhaps it has a bit of something to do with the color of her skin, and not the content of her character?

Well, in my opinion, they have made a decision on what they would like to try to do with their lives and I wish them the best! It can be scary taking a new path in life - especially such a public one - so I wish them well and lots of happiness.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Harry is the prince who was consorting with prostitutes and a drug dealer in Las Vegas before he met Megan. People including other members of the royal family should be glad he is happily married and not devolving into another Prince Andrew. Diana would have liked to go to North America and if she had she might still be alive today. Fergie earned a living as a weight loss spokesperson. There are other ways to be a royal than the path the Queen would like.

A lot of speculation going on and I don't believe a word in the press. I think they will find their niche. More power to them wanting to get out of the Royal spotlight. I think the press has been brutal to her.

It might be something like this:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...royals/604714/

Kind of their job is to be royals, and they don't want to do their job anymore, but pay them anyway.

Denmark seems to have the whole royalty thing worked out best (as with everything else), you can be a royal and have a job as a pilot.

Yes, one might say America has the royalty thing worked out best , EXCEPT ... I'd rather have royals having scandals all the time than President weekly scandal. If the collective Id had to go somewhere I'd rather it not have actual power ... But they get all that and Boris, yes unfortunate there. Denmark has it right ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    It might be something like this:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...royals/604714/

Kind of their job is to be royals, and they don't want to do their job anymore, but pay them anyway.

Denmark seems to have the whole royalty thing worked out best (as with everything else), you can be a royal and have a job as a pilot.

Yes, one might say America has the royalty thing worked out best , EXCEPT ... I'd rather have royals having scandals all the time than President weekly scandal. If the collective Id had to go somewhere I'd rather it not have actual power ... But they get all that and Boris, yes unfortunate there. Denmark has it right ...
    Perhaps you’re thinking of The Netherlands. The king (Wilhem something?) is a pilot for KLM.

Thread Information