Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Minimalist YouTube Person or Website

klunick

Favorite Minimalist YouTube Person or Website

I saw an Erica Lucas YouTube video and she kind of inspired me to look for things to declutter. But she, like most minimalist videos, seem to be Hoarders into Minimalist type videos. I was never a hoarder. Just had various stuff stashed away for no reason. House was otherwise very minimalist to begin with. I have also watched some Sarah Therese videos which are good as she tells you how to maintain a minimalist lifestyle.

Who are you favorite minimalist Youtubers that I should check out or favorite minimalist websites that will help me continue in this lifestyle?

Mrs. Frugalwoods. She's not always minimal, but she's got more practical advice for how to live the way you want to live (however that might be) than any website I've found. https://www.frugalwoods.com/

Joshua Becker is the best (becoming minimalist). I follow him on Facebook and he always posts great articles.
    https://www.becomingminimalist.com

Peter Lawrence is an uber-minimalist if you're looking for what you may or may not REALLY need on a daily basis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw4E8nXcrTk

Those are the two I can think of off-hand, but I know I'll think of others.

ETA: Miss Minimalist http://www.missminimalist.com
    The author of this blog used to be an active member on this forum.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I also watched a youtube video - it was a movie, actually - about a guy who started from absolute scratch. He actually packed everything he owned into a storage unit, I mean every last thing but an overcoat. His MO was that he could only retrieve one thing a day from the storage unit (in addition to the one item, he was allowed to trade if he selected a possession he later decided wasn't that necessary). IIR a friend helped him for a few days, as he had no shoes or wallet or anything else. He actually considered each and every item - were socks really necessary or just something we assume we need? Were they more important than his cell phone or his toothbrush? As life went on, questions like, what about a fridge? It wasn't the most well made documentary but I found it pretty fascinating, at least in the beginning, to listen to his thought process as he sat there more or less naked, contemplating what item was the most essential or would bring the most happiness, and watch him discover what he really, Really wasn't willing to live without. It was called Tavarataivas, or "My Stuff". This is a link, it's subtitled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uwPiZWWJDA

I also love the blog cheapRVliving - it's a forum but he also interviews people on youtube. This is mostly about people who live in converted vans or even cars. They've found out what their baselines are, for sure!

klunick
    I will check all of these out. Thanks and keep them coming!!

Love the miss minimalist! She has one post about the minimalist wardrobe not counting unmentionables and socks. if you had to discard everything but ten essentials, what would they be?
    I have to think about that
    I prefer navy rather than black as she chose as the base colour. I prefer light colours in tops and navy bottoms. Will post more when I have considered this further.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Love the miss minimalist! She has one post about the minimalist wardrobe not counting unmentionables and socks. if you had to discard everything but ten essentials, what would they be?
    I have to think about that
    I prefer navy rather than black as she chose as the base colour. I prefer light colours in tops and navy bottoms. Will post more when I have considered this further.
    I'm pretty minimalist with my wardrobe but could do better. I like sticking to particular colors, and for a while I was doing the Guinness palette: Black and tan. I loved it. But as I get older, I do like SOME color so I've strayed a bit from that. I've always wondered why I'm such a bland dresser and the only reason I can think of is because I had aspirations in my young life of being a nun and wearing a habit.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

klunick
    I don't have a ton of clothes. I wear a uniform for work so don't need any dress clothes other than a couple for church. I have a couple pairs of jeans, four pairs of shoes, three pajama sets, three hoodies, and about 15 tshirts/comfy shirts. I have a leather coat that could probably be gotten rid of but I do wear it occasionally and a winter coat that definitely needs to be replaced as I noticed yesterday it has a pretty significant rip under the arm/down the side.

Thread Information