Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Minimalist YouTube Person or Website

I'm aspiring to try the capsule wardrobe this spring - 37 pieces not counting underclothes and workout clothes and pajamas:

https://www.whowhatwear.com/how-to-capsule-wardrobe

It seems doable.

I don’t have a ton of clothes but like not having to wash weekly. All my pants and capris’s are in solid colors. I pick up color in my tops.

Lefie. Only YouTube I subscribe to.the last one was weird, but I like all the others.
    Last edited by NewGig; 1-13-20 at 9:35pm.

I forget his name, but he is the guy that lived in the tiny house in a backyard in exchange for planting edible landscape in front yard. Goes barefoot, rides a bike - LOL. There are posts on him elsewhere in these forums. Can't think of his name at the moment.

Thanks for all the links above! I'm thinking this is my project for the coming year - watch, learn and continue decluttering and paring down.

Will have to think about what I "really" need.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Rob Greenfield is another one. He's a bit of a sensationalist but seems to have a good heart. He once rode his bicycle from one side of the US to the other, forcing himself to actually carry any garbage he created with him on his bike. He also lived in a very(very) tiny house, basically a large doghouse, I think it was like ... 5*5*8?, which he eventually donated. As I say, sensationalist, but certainly devoted to making people think about their impacts. https://robgreenfield.tv/

How to GYST (get your shit together) is one I've liked ... the site's run by a funny, chaotic Irish woman, between the accent and the humor, she always made me smile. She's a bit more mainstream, mostly focused on how to control a love of stuff and still have order and organization (now while raising a toddler.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQfCanvU2M

happystuff, I think you're thinking of kib's guy: Rob Greenfield.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Kib: As a random aside, my MIL used to have a license plate that was "GYST."

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Love the miss minimalist! She has one post about the minimalist wardrobe not counting unmentionables and socks. if you had to discard everything but ten essentials, what would they be?
    I have to think about that
    I prefer navy rather than black as she chose as the base colour. I prefer light colours in tops and navy bottoms. Will post more when I have considered this further.
    After mulling this over for a few days, I realized that I cannot reduce down to 10 items. Between dog-walking shoes, dress shoes and casual shoes plus winter boots, rain boots and ice walking boots, add the clothes that need to go along with each of these and I am way beyond that minimalist number.
    First time I have ever really considered all the factors so found the results interesting.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I remember the 100 things craze - was it Francine who started it? What got a bit disappointing after a while was that people started madly focusing on the 'rules', and putting things into 100 categories. "Shirts" counted as one item, for example. Which started to make the whole thing an exercise in semantics, at least for me. Top, bottom, footwear and accessories. 4!

I've been doing something admittedly weird since New Years. I've recorded every item I've actually used - not including the infrastructure of my house, unless I get wildly radical I'm probably never going to get rid of plumbing or electricity. I don't know if I really have a reason other than I like counting and making lists, but I'm seeing two things: as Razz says, even living somewhat minimally I'm way, way over my "limit", it's amazing how many things I touch in a day, but it's also making me much more aware of the stuff that I never use and really should either let go of or bring into the forefront.

I think the brown bear is my favorite youtube minimalist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ASIV2TvOg

Thread Information