can heal people by using ceramic bowls and rubbing them
    with
    a mallet. They play different notes depending on the size
    of
    the bowl, like keys on the piano.

My question is: can this generate a stable source of income
    I did
    the math. If I charge $80 per 1-hour session, I only need
    10 patients per week, to generate enough to live on my own.

I live in the San Gabriel Valley; part of Los Angeles county.

Thank You

Didn't you ask this same question a few weeks ago? http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...ibetan-Healing
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

You most certainly did, and the overwhelming answer was, "this doesn't sound particularly viable. But even if it is, if you have to ask this question then you haven't done your homework."

Do you have a demonstrated track record of healing people using these singing-bowls? Is there any evidence, perhaps published in a peer-reviewed journal, that they have healing properties?

Since I can buy a nice singing-bowl set from Amazon for $30, why would someone pay $80/hour to have you chime the bowl for them? Or, they could go to Sedona and buy the bowl themselves, for about $180, though it is the same item Amazon sells for $30....

Good luck!

As I noted in my earlier reply, there is nothing Tibetan about this practice. As a first step, out of respect to a group that is fighting very hard for its cultural and practical survival, maybe you can give up the idea of trying to make money off of something that appropriates their name and makes up "traditions" for sexy new-age marketing purposes. If you truly have an interest in Tibetan cultural practices there are many buddhist groups in greater LA you could go and try to learn from. Maybe even some practitioners of Tibetan medicine. Which has a totally different cultural background and theory of the body compared to Western medicine that takes years of study to master. Not something you can buy on Amazon.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/cont...an-person.html

"If you find “sound baths” healing, great! Good for you! But if you can, however, please kindly stop mythologizing and exoticizing Tibetans, and leave us out of your pseudo-scientific New Age nonsense. We are quite preoccupied resisting China’s violent settler colonial rule and fighting to preserve our rich cultural heritage as it is."

I've gone to a few of these sessions at the local library. They were free, but they also have paid sessions, which I've never gone to. They are nice and relaxing but I don't feel any healing going on during the treatment.

I can see using them as an add-on service with a massage. Honestly, I had enough trouble waking people up after my massages so I wouldn't want them any more relaxed!

Hallo Rainbow, although I am myself an avid learner about everything buddhist and I admire their philosophy, I am also against any new-agey use of these traditions. Also, even though you *might* find some client (the internet is full of people who desperately need to believe that a singing bowl or something similar can heal them without doing the hard work of healing themselves), I believe that a business, any business one might want to set up, might be born from a passion either in the thing you teach or sell, or a passion about helping people with the things you teach or sell (preferably, both things). From your original post, I do not get the feeling that any of these things is your goal. I only get $$ signs feeling from it. I do not think that is the right foundation to start any business, and even more if you want to operate in the healing people category. Sorry, I do not think that can work for this reason. People (your client) will feel that you are only after their money. I suggest you find a niche that you really are passionate about, and then you look for clients.

Thread Information