Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now it's available even at yard sales.....

The thing is I wouldn't even recognize an expensive bag, and most of the time I don't even have a purse on me. But I guess the genuine articles are well made, and well my wallet falls apart every few years, so there is that ...

As for the $3 bag, they are being honest, they know it's not real and if it was they wouldn't sell it for $3. They know it's just a bag, any old bag, which for being any old bag is maybe worth about $3.
    Trees don't grow on money

I love the old Coach saddle bags. I found one on ebay 11 years ago for $25.00. I don't know how old it was then. Maybe 10 years old? So that would make it around 21 years old. It's my one and only bag and still going strong. Will probably last another 20 years.

My husband has outfitted me with those sturdy Coach leather purses. He finds them at thrift stores mostly. The last one was $17. Got one for Christmas that looks new. It is a cross body small travel size for trips.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    those sturdy Coach leather purses. He finds them at thrift stores mostly. The last one was $17
    The people who price things at our local thrift stores are much more aware of pricing than they used to be. Used to be everything went out the door cheap unless there was an obvious pedigree (blue Tiffany box or something). But now they seem to do some research and price accordingly. I see it in electronics a lot -- but something with the Apple or Sony or Pioneer name on it still gets priced higher while lesser-known brands with equal or superior quality still fly under the radar and can be tremendous deals.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

The same thrift store did have a Nantucket handmade basket purse with scrimshaw detail for $165 and a diamond necklace for $1,300.

Thread Information