Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi everybody,

I lurked for a year or so and decided it's time to join. About a year ago I decided to look into living the simple life and a version of miminalist living that works best for us. My husband and I grew up in very different worlds. I grew up military industrial complex moving with little to no notice so the stuff I had was limited. He grew up on a farm where trips into town were difficult due to weather and distance so they saved everything. We currently live in Washington DC.

We see our journey as a marathon and not a sprint. Last summer we did the Epic Decluttering weekend, we made progress, but have more to go. We're tackling it with 15 minutes here and 40 minutes there. Really looking forward to reading advice on getting the stuff under control.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

welcome
    Trees don't grow on money

So glad to have another new member!

klunick
    Welcome! I live about 1.5 hours away from you in Southern MD but work in Alexandria.

from southern Ontario. That is an interesting blend in a marriage which must create an adventure to compromise and find a common route. Looking forward to your posts.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    Welcome. Our Organizing Your Life Forum will be right up your alley.

Thanks for coming out of hiding! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Hi there!

Welcome to SLF! It sounds like you and your husband have been working on how to compromise on "stuff" and how to live simply and minimally. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences. Many of us are in somewhat similar situations in which we need many fewer items around us than our spouse does.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

What I feel is that the relationship is good the compromise is definitely worth it.

Thread Information