Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A House with Four Rooms

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Sleeping cuteness is life affirming.
    I agree.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Another one of my gateways to spirituality (in addition to nature):
    OOOH ... I have heard that cat breeding is not at all profitable and a royal pain in the butt and I am still soooo tempted toconsider it, just to have baby animals that close at hand.

Plenty of kittens at the local shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Plenty of kittens at the local shelters.
    My thing is I have four furbabies I already love (plus three chickens I'm somewhat less infatuated with). I could possibly foster a kitten, but any more animals is really just a fantasy.

Totally off topic, I'm sorry ... could you volunteer at a shelter, knowing the animal you cuddled or took for a walk was slated for the gas chamber? I have friends who said hey, we gave that dog maybe the greatest day of his little life and that's as much as we can give. I would be devastated.

That’s how at one point I ended up with too many dogs. Our vet bills were huge and not sustainable once we retired and wanted to travel. We sacrificed until they passed. Now we only have 2. I get it.

So ok, maybe "emotional", too, lol. The pragmatic stoic turns out to be a mush when it comes to shelter animals. I remember going to the shelter to get a kitten. There was an old guy there called Jack, with a red tag on his cage. Tomorrow. I spoke his name and he just stared at me with what felt like the saddest, most wretched species of hope. All was lost, he had been abandoned to die of loneliness, but ... I said his name, I knew him, surely I was going to save him. The pain of knowing I could have saved him, but I wasn't going to ... I cried all week. In fact it's been eight years and I just shed a tear for the long departed Jack as i wrote this. Maybe I have a few more rooms in my heart than I know.

I actually volunteered at our humane society but it’s no kill.

Geila
    The furbabies have been wearing sweaters. So cute. And I realized why I never make it to the physical room. Too busy watching the furbabies sleep and play. Who has time to clean bathrooms when you have a ball of fluff sleeping on your chest?

And if we're playing fetch and I have the hard job of tossing the ball while laying on the couch, does that count as physical exercise?

I decided that doing my taxes on the back porch counts as exercise, since I'm outside. So yes, that raising and lowering of the wrist and elbow definitely counts as exercise as long as there isn't a chocolate on the end of it.

Geila
    Awesome! I hold the chocolate in my other hand.

Thread Information