Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help in party planning please

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I woild like that game.I like the words games.
    It winds up being a lot funnier than it sounds. It's a raucous word game.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Cards for Humanity is a blast.

I've gone the opposite route, although it's been a long time since I've gotten together with more than five or six people. I always had a half finished jigsaw puzzle in one corner of the room. I found it created an oasis space for people who weren't feeling comfortable or preferred quiet conversation - and it kept them out of my kitchen. (I haven't had trouble finding whole jigsaw puzzles at thrift stores, so for $5 or so I could pick up something relatively easy and interesting, even themed, and even if it was missing a piece, it didn't really matter.)

As far as a main event, yes Taboo is a good one, also Pictionary and of course Charades. Taboo might be the best for people who aren't outgoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Cards for Humanity is a blast.
    Do you mean Cards Against Humanity? We LOVE that one, but I must say it's rated R+! Apples to Apples is the same concept - a bit less bawdy, although it's also less fun. In both of these, people take turns being the Judge. The Judge pulls and reads a card with a blank in it. "________ has provided solace in my hour of need." Everyone else had a handful of answer cards and chooses one that they think the Judge will like the best. Anything from "a soothing cup of tea" to "masturbating while bellowing "hail to the chief"". They place them face down in front of the Judge and the Judge reads the full sentence with each answer inserted. The Judge then picks their favorite and that person wins a point. (apples to apples, the answer cards are much less suggestive, if you want to be risque you really have to WORK at it.)

This is a game I'd suggest if you know the people pretty well and no one's likely to become insulted if they don't win points - it's a very good way to separate people by sense of humor - or lack thereof. One person just got really annoyed that their totally literal answers never won.
    Last edited by kib; 1-13-20 at 2:27pm.

Yes kib I got the name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Yes kib I got the name wrong.
    Great game, isn't it?

You are right probably not for strangers. We play with good friends.

Thread Information