Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

We're having salmon tonight.

Sunday we made a tried-and-true recipe we haven't had for a while, a Moroccan Stew. SO good. With chicken, chickpeas, carrot, onion, cinnamon, cumin...if you want the recipe I can post it later.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

klunick
    Last night was a low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole with a side of mixed vegetables. Tonight we are going to Salsa's for my oldest's birthday dinner. He is working on his actual birthday so we are celebrating early.

Last night I made a pot of lentil with garlic and we had it over a combo of white and brown rice with green beans.

Found out that dh is diabetic, so we are trying to change out our diets. Hate throwing out food, but can hand off some pantry stuff to others and waiting to hear from a dietician on a one-on-one on foods and prep. Sigh...
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I went looking. Unfortunately, what I wanted, a non red tomato source isn’t here, but this may be helpful for someone?

https://www.verywellhealth.com/twent...itutes-1324332

Cowboy Pie. It's sort of like Shepherd's Pie, but since we live in the west ... Ramekin with leftover chili in the bottom, a layer of corn nibblets, a layer of grated cheddar cheese, and left over mashed potatoes on top (piped on so my husband isn't quite so dismayed over the prospect he might be eating leftovers. Really does pretty it up!) Bake til hot, then broil top, then I sprinkle a bit of green onion from the garden on.

I'm on a second go around of this new recipe that I picked up from the Oregonian. It's called warming broccoli and tofu soup. Dairy free, gluten free, etc. It's a little bland and needs a topping like crusty bread, nuts, or croutons, but resembles a cream of soup. It's really easy.

In a large sauce pan saute a chopped onion and 2 chopped celery sticks. Add about four cups of broccoli florets, cover with vegetable stock and simmer for several minutes until the florets are cooked. Allow to cool a little and pour into a blender or food processor along with a half block of firm tofu. Blend until creamy, season to taste, reheat as needed.

Spaghetti squash from the garden and ratatuiolle from the freezer (also from the garden).

Yesterday was a big grocery shopping trip-it's been about 6w since the last one.
    I bought 2 big organic chickens at Costco yesterday. We're smoking them this afternoon to have shredded chicken in the freezer for a bunch of great quick meals. I also cooked up 2# "taco meat" and 4# Italian sausage/ground beef. I need 3# for a triple lasagna next week Friday and the remainder will be here in the freezer for quick meals.

Yppej
    Last night a handful of mixed nuts. Tonight more lima beans with tomato sauce and Mexican blend cheese.

Black rice, squash, and broccoli.

Homemade chicken soup my son made and leftover Chinese take-out.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information