Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

klunick

What's for dinner?

I have gotten into a rut with finding new and easy recipes. Family doesn't like a whole lot of weekly variety but I do try to stick in at least 1-2 new meals per week if I can.

Last night, I made Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups. So good and so easy!! Got the recipe from Erica Lucas' YouTube channel.

Best Lasagna Recipe: Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups

Ingredients for every 4 roll ups:

4 lasagna noodles

1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded

1 cup mozzarella

1/3 cup parmesan cheese

salt & pepper

2 eggs

12 oz. jar sauce

oregano, to taste

I prep the chicken the day before or morning of batch prepping chicken lasagna noodles. Slow cook in a crock pot for 4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. Shred, and set aside.

Cook the lasagna noodles to al dente. Create the chicken mixture while the noodles are cooking:

1 cup chicken

2 eggs

1/3 parm

1 cup mozz

oregano, to taste

Mix well in a bowl. Lay a cooked lasagna noodle on a plate or flat surface like your counter, and spread the mixture. Roll up, and finish seam side down. Spread some sauce on the bottom of a pan if baking immediately. If freezing, spread sauce on the bottom of a freezer safe container. Lay the roll ups seam side down on top of the sauce. Repeat as many times as you are making. Top with sauce and mozz.

Freeze for up to 90 days. You can cook this straight from freezer to oven at 350F for 30 minutes covered. If you are baking after prep, bake in the oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes on 350F.

Give me some inspiration and post your favorite recipes.

Yppej
    Last night I had lima beans with tomato sauce and Mexican mixed grated cheese and a handful of mixed nuts. I am a grazer and midafternoon had crackers, cheese, mixed nuts, grapes, and chardonnay at a political event so I was not real hungry come suppertime.

The other night I made black bean and spinach enchiladas with a different twist of green enchilada sauce rather than red. Prep time is slightly long but the ingredients are simple and leftovers are good. It freezes well. A couple of simple tips I use after some experimental are to use basic corn tortillas, not flour. The black beans should have some mashing with a potato masher. A sauteed onion. I use vegan cheese and have found that a little is good but the flavor can over power if using too much. Topped with chopped green onions. I freeze freshly roasted green chilies when they are in season and use them through the year in a variety of dishes. They added flavor to the canned sauce.

I am finding that I make a hot lunch and for supper, focus on a large salad. I am having great fun exploring different flavoured olive oils and balsamic vinegars now I have found a source for the genuine article. The usual store-bought balsamic is regular vinegar flavoured with balsamic. The real balsamic is thick, flavourful and sweet. The olive oils are infused with herbs and spices as well.

Last night I had romaine salad with tomatoes, sliced black olives, grated carrots and a burger of made from chickpeas drizzled with a mix of olive oil and a balsamic vinegar.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/24...82870047377796
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Last night I had lima beans with tomato sauce and Mexican mixed grated cheese and a handful of mixed nuts. I am a grazer and midafternoon had crackers, cheese, mixed nuts, grapes, and chardonnay at a political event so I was not real hungry come suppertime.
    thuis reminds me, I jave a bag of home grown lima beans sitting in the freezer. I need to cook those up soon.

We made a year-end decision to eat more vegetarian this year. Tonight will be a bowl with farro, sweet potatoes, black beans, corn and red bell peppers topped with a cilantro avocado sauce.

klunick
    During the week, I eat a small breakfast here at work since I get here at 5am and am the only one in the office. Then I will have a snack when I get home at 3pm. If it was only me at home, that would be it for the night but I have to make dinner for the rest of the crew. I eat some but only a small portion. I am not a big eater.

Razz: Blood orange olive oil is my favorite!

Salad...spring greens, kale - massaged, because it's a thing - tomato, cucumber, black olives and edamame. I throw a spoonful of potato salad on top, and skip dressings. Oh, and some pumpkin seeds and craisins.

The enchiladas and the faro.bowl both sound tempting!

Yppej
    More lima beans with tomato sauce and cheese plus a few blackberries. I have a cold and the decongestants are depressing my appetite, so I am not picky. Maybe I will finally lose some of the weight I want to.

Thread Information