Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labyrinth

I was involved with planning one for a college, but nothing came of it.

I mowed on into my field one years and enjoyed walking it with the dog.

What do you (generic you) like about a labyrinth? I tried one and got irritated. Of course, I tried yoga for four sessions and got irritated with it as well. I can sit with absolute comfort and peace and meditate or walk happily in woods celebrating all of nature that I see and hear.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I felt like with the dog, we were going places! I know that is not what you are supposed to feel, but it felt like we were in the flow together. It was also fun to mow it and admire it, the way the grass growed.

It was fun to do once. I hated yoga.

This one was recently built locally:
    https://www.columbian.com/news/2019/...path-to-peace/
    It tells a bit about the construction and price.

I think our county has four and one mobile canvas one. The one I love is made from brick pavers in an 11-circuit design like Chartres: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...79111960859889,
    and is set in a wooded surrounding.

See this article to see more examples ...
    https://www.columbian.com/news/2019/...or-meditation/
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    What do you (generic you) like about a labyrinth? I tried one and got irritated. Of course, I tried yoga for four sessions and got irritated with it as well. I can sit with absolute comfort and peace and meditate or walk happily in woods celebrating all of nature that I see and hear.
    I tried one at a retreat once. It was easier for me than meditation, which is always a misery to my back. It was also easier mentally, to be concentrating on something that required motion rather than pure mind. When I walk in the woods I am always very aware, I think the point of the labyrinth is that you can be in motion without a need for external focus. ... I liked it, but not enough to build my own.

Thread Information