Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Idiot's Guide to Digital Photos ... anyone?

The Idiot's Guide to Digital Photos ... anyone?

Am I the only person who struggles mightily to move pictures? I wanted to post a picture on my phone here, and it seems like the "easy" way to do that is to send the picture from my camera app to my email - which for some reason now takes hours to get to one email and won't go to the other at all - and then download the picture to my desktop, and then upload it here. I can go find a cable and hardwire my phone to my laptop, speeding the process a little, but that just seems like a lot of effort too.

I see plenty of people posting photos here so I assume I'm being an idiot about this. Anyone?

Kib: I do the e-mail > desktop > upload thing myself.

Uploading a photo to the forums requires the picture be on the device you're uploading from and then the forum software will resize it to meet forum requirements and then post it for everyone else to see, often sideways or upside down.

The best and easiest way to post a photo is to first place it somewhere else on the internet and then copy the link here. My new favorite way is to send the picture from my phone to my wife in Facebook Messenger, then open the pic in Messenger from the device you'll be posting here from, right click on the image and choose 'copy' from the options, then 'paste' it into your forum post. Works every time!

Example below: Me on Christmas Day, posted in less than a minute.

Edited to add: linking to another internet source also prevents the use of our diminishing storage space with our web space provider as the picture does not reside on our server.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

kib, what kind of phone are you using?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

It's an inexpensive samsung luna. My emails are at hotmail and gmail, my pc is windows10.

I wonder if I can just place a link directly to the photo where it resides in email, assuming I can get it there. ...

test ...

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...=att&disp=safe

Still driving me bananas. The phone insists on me sharing by selecting a from and a to address, and if I select hotmail as the from address it sends it rotated. Even if I edit and rotate the picture before hand, it rotates it again to be sure it shows up sideways. If I select gmail as the from address this doesn't happen, but it insists on sending the picture without any option for reducing the size, they're about 1.8MB, and hotmail won't open them, it just says "image".

Anyone using a camera or gallery app they really like? These are the ones that came with the phone and they're lousy.

couch potatoes

Oh for f's sake. That one was using the upload function right from here.

couchpotatoes.jpg couch potatoes.

Well that was a lovely use of half an hour!

I'm pretty sure the problem is my phone, the only thing it likes to do is send pix to messenger, and I have no idea how to get a photo from messenger to here, there's no option on messenger to copy, just share.

Thread Information