Thread: recipes for those with food allergies

recipes for those with food allergies

I was just diagnosed with some new and extensive food allergies, so I am trying new recipes, and I thought it might be fun to share recipes.

I just made a loaf of King Arthur gluten free bread but modified it for my dairy and egg allergies. If anyone is interested, I'll post it. It turned out okay.

And if you have any good baking recipes for gf or dairy free, please feel free to post them here.

Geila
    My condolences to you! I have a number of food allergies as well and it sucks sometimes. Over time I'm finding good replacements and it doesn't feel as depressing as it did when I found out.

I have a dairy allergy but I missed butter and I've found that Earth Balance makes a very good vegan (which is dairy free) butter that is also gluten-free. They have butter sticks and an olive oil spread that I really like, both taste just like butter to me, I can't tell the difference.

I tried vegan dairy-free yogurts and didn't like any of them but some people like them, many are made with coconut.

I also like the MIMs (muffin in a mug/muffin in a minute) and make them with flaxmeal and coconut flour, using flaxmilk as a thinner and olive oil for the fat. I tried the 'vegan egg' using flaxmeal and didn't like it at all, but I find that if I don't eat eggs very often I can have the MIM and not have any issues with the egg in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    My condolences to you! I have a number of food allergies as well and it sucks sometimes. Over time I'm finding good replacements and it doesn't feel as depressing as it did when I found out.

I have a dairy allergy but I missed butter and I've found that Earth Balance makes a very good vegan (which is dairy free) butter that is also gluten-free. They have butter sticks and an olive oil spread that I really like, both taste just like butter to me, I can't tell the difference.

I tried vegan dairy-free yogurts and didn't like any of them but some people like them, many are made with coconut.

I also like the MIMs (muffin in a mug/muffin in a minute) and make them with flaxmeal and coconut flour, using flaxmilk as a thinner and olive oil for the fat. I tried the 'vegan egg' using flaxmeal and didn't like it at all, but I find that if I don't eat eggs very often I can have the MIM and not have any issues with the egg in it.
    Thanks, Geila, I will definitely look out for Earth Balance. Will also look for coconut yogurt.

Thread Information