Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curious---what time do you get up in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    Never been a morning person and envy those who are.
    Nothing to be ashamed about! I think people definitely are cut out to be either morning or night people. I am definitely a morning person, and in fact, when the kids were small I refused to help them with homework after 9pm because I simply couldn't process information. I was never one of those college students that could pull all-nighters on a paper. I had to go to bed and get up at 3 or 4 and work.

DH is a night person/I'm a morning person. We're probably in bed together 4 hours total.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm flexible. I've worked every shift possible; most often four to midnight. Now I generally rise sixish, earlier in the summer.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Nothing to be ashamed about! I think people definitely are cut out to be either morning or night people. I am definitely a morning person, and in fact, when the kids were small I refused to help them with homework after 9pm because I simply couldn't process information. I was never one of those college students that could pull all-nighters on a paper. I had to go to bed and get up at 3 or 4 and work.

DH is a night person/I'm a morning person. We're probably in bed together 4 hours total.
    When my husband and I still slept in the same bed (don't anymore because of snoring (him)), there would be times when he would be coming to bed and I'd be getting up for work.

When I worked I got up at 6:30. Now I go to bed between 9-11 pm and get up between 6:30-8. I never make a appointment before 11.

When I was younger I was able to adapt somewhat to various shift type work, but now I try to stick to a routine. Pretty much 9 to 5 sleep, maybe sleep in a little later in the winter and a little earlier in summer. In the latter years of work I worked long days and was not shy about taking a short power nap of 10 or 15 minutes at my desk after lunch. A tradition I've tried to maintain or extend to 15 or 20 minutes.

Thread Information