Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curious---what time do you get up in the morning?

I usually sleep 7 hours regardless with or without an alarm. I find that I am really relaxed and calm even sleepy by 9:30 so by 10pm, I am in bed. Most mornings I just wake up around 5am.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

7:30ish. I could carve out time in the morning, but I'd bargain it all away come morning for a little more sleep, I always do when I try that, yea all those good intentions sounded nice but um SLEEP. So alarm rings at 7:15 but even then it's like snooze one or twice, and then ok have to get up.
    Trees don't grow on money

630 or earlier! Depends on how late I was up...

In bed at 11:30 and up at 7:00

Bed by 10:00pm and up at 5:00am -- except that I am writing this at 4:25am! Out the door to work (on bicycle) at 7:00ish. I like the early hours.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    Bed by 10:00pm and up at 5:00am -- except that I am writing this at 4:25am! Out the door to work (on bicycle) at 7:00ish. I like the early hours.
    I agree with you. Have worked 5am-1:30pm my entire adult life and I can't imagine anything different. It hurts my soul when I am asked to come in later and stay later.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    I like the early hours as well. I'm definitely a "morning" person.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Morning person here, too. Been getting up at 6:30 for so long that it comes naturally now, even on weekends. I wasn't always a morning person, but I've been a morning person way longer than I was a night owl.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

All of you put me to shame! Since I don't have to be up to got to work anymore, (unless you count a couple or three days a month going in to help out), I usually do not rise before 8 a.m Usually around 8:30 or if it is 9ish that's okay too. Of course, I must add I have already been up around 4 a.m. to feed the cats first breakfast! Going into work, up around 7:30. Never been a morning person and envy those who are.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

When I worked, I got up around 6:15. Now that I'm into retirement a few years, a natural rhythm has me in bed around 11:00 and rising around 7:30. It feels decadent to get so much sleep and I generally don't schedule anything to start before 9a.

Thread Information