Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of mustard do you prefer?

I use yellow mustard on hamburgers, hot dogs and as the base rub on smoked meats, everything else is spicy brown and Dijon......depending...
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

If asked about my passions in life, it probably would not occur to me to mention mustard or my salad spinner, but they clearly belong on the list.

I use a pinch of Dijon to make salad dressing. I also keep a jar of good honey mustard for infrequent ham sandwiches.

For dipping pretzel sticks, honey mustard. The best honey mustard is that which is received as a gift from a son, or failing that, a gift from any admirer.

For sandwiches, I like Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard, which I buy when it is on sale for 50 cents for a 12 oz. container. Ingredients: mustard seeds, vinegar, salt and turmeric.

In potato salad, I like Dijon. I am not partial to any specific brand of Dijon.

French’s classic

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I like all mustards (especially spicy Chinese), but only on certain things. I'm not a fan of mustard on hamburgers.
    Same here, there's nothing more disappointing to me than anticipating a burger and having that overwhelming flavor hit me in the mouth instead! I have to say yellow mustard is the one I really don't care for very much, too vinegary, maybe? And I really like honey mustard (our local honey store produces one that's wonderful.)

Gulden's spicy brown and Inglehoffer Sweet Hot. Dijon for salad dressings.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Colman’s English mustard (I prefer to buy it in powder form, but it’s readily available in tubes and jars). It’s HOT. I remember a cousin and his wife visiting from the US and, despite warnings, liberally slathered his roast beef sandwich. It only needs a smear.... it nearly blew his head off, eyes streaming, the whole works!

I also like Tracklement Seeded Mustard and real French Dijon, especially the smooth Dijon with Horseradish.

I've been to the Colman's Mustard Museum in Norwich! That is the mustard we used to buy in tins when I was little.

I prefer a spicy or brown mustard. DH devours the bright yellow stuff.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information