Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Home owner with no Pickup?

I just got another truck. Ive always had one. When I turned 16 I had a new ford f-100 in the driveway with a 3 speed on the column and the am radio was an option, that was 1974. There have been spells when I was furnished a truck from the company I worked for, but Ive never been without. I could maybe get by without a sports car at some point, but not without a truck.

Unless you lived in the country, we didn't grow up with pickups at all. How did our folks manage? We have never once thought of owning a truck, but it would come in handy.

I'll admit that when my dad asked me what vehicle I wanted when I was 16, I told him I wanted a Chevy Monte Carlo. Then he went and talked with his insurance guy and accountant, and I ended up with a "company pickup". He owned a construction company.

About once a year I'll rent a flatbed ford truck from Home Depot for $15-20/hr. I can usually get my errand done within two hours.

Now when we finally get some land I plan on buying and restoring an older 78-87 Chevy full-size truck. You can find them dirt cheap and parts are available in nearly any junkyard. It'll be my first auto restoration project. I want to get a diesel and eventually experiment with biofuels.

Thread Information