Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do young-adults go for help?

Doesnt smell like a troll. My take is that the OP is genuinely lost. And that dog person you are talking about never pretended to be someone he/she wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I wonder if they have a dog?
    I chuckled at that. However, we have had at least one other poster, who comes in, asking the same questions at various times, and this makes me wonder if this is from the same IP range/area.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I chuckled at that. However, we have had at least one other poster, who comes in, asking the same questions at various times, and this makes me wonder if this is from the same IP range/area.
    Nope.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

My curiosity, and then where my suggestions would be, pivot on the parents “yelling” at her about food.

would I be correct in guessing the entire family is overweight to obese? (Based on the food comments from the OP)
    if the family has food as such a touchstone, and will insult one who breaks with the “orthodoxy” of the family’s diet, then there are many more issues in play.

time to leave. find resources so you do not have to stay there where they abuse you. yes it is hard, but it can be done. i doubt if your parents will be of any help, they sound like they would prefer you go on disability and then take your check. How sad, but not uncommon. You need to try for disability right away so gather your medical info and apply. It takes time, but at least you will be doing SOMETHING. Make your own meals if all else fails. But you really need to get your own place, even if you have to start out at a homeless shelter. Avail yourself of whatever resources you can find and get out.

Thread Information