Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quorn Mycoprotein "Meatless Fillets"

I'm pretty sure the Quorn chicken like strips have been among my sampling of the various meat like alternatives. The take I remember is that it gives some meat like texture to things but is not much for flavor. I'd probably advise doing some small scale tests before using it in large batches. The idea of mycoprotien didn't bother me but I couldn't see any reason to buy it again. There are not many of the plant based meat like substances that have impressed me.

Tonight I prepared 2 frozen fillets (of the 4 in a box) for myself. Basically I combined some leftover stew (red kidney beans, tomato puree, onions, garlic, salsa, bay leaf) with leftover wild rice. I cut each fillet into four pieces, and added them to the stew in a bowl. I topped that mixture with some frozen green beans for picture time.

I microwaved it for a total of 2 minutes and a half.

The cooked fillets were slightly salty, but otherwise I did not detect any flavor. As one would expect from fungus, there were no bones! If I wanted to cut up a chunk of the fillets into smaller morsels, it could easily be done with the tip of a spoon. The fillets absorbed flavor from the stew. According to the box, one fillet constitutes 1 serving. I found 2 fillets to be quite filling. The 2 fillets (according to the box) would be 120 calories, 10g of fiber, and 18g of protein. The red beans and wild rice in the stew surely added some more calories, fiber and protein. (I think one fillet per person would be an adequate serving size.)

In sum, I would say this method of preparation was highly convenient, satisfying, and tasty.

000_0366 (2).jpg

Looks good, Dado. Does the box say anything about Vit B12 in the ingredients listed?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

razz,

Vitamin B12 is not an ingredient. I believe there is egg albumin from free range chickens, though. It is a product of the UK.

One unexpected effect was that 5 hours after eating 2 fillets, my urine had the odor of mushrooms. "This too shall pass."

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but: In 2022, Earth is overpopulated and totally polluted; the natural resources have been exhausted and the nourishment of the population is provided by Soylent Industries, a company that makes a food consisting of plankton from the oceans.www.imdb.com › title › plotsummary

Soylent Green (1973) - Plot Summary - IMDb

"Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but: In 2022, Earth is overpopulated and totally polluted; the natural resources have been exhausted and the nourishment of the population is provided by Soylent Industries, a company that makes a food consisting of plankton from the oceans.www.imdb.com › title › plotsummary

Soylent Green (1973) - Plot Summary - IMDb

"Soylent Green is people!" Which is pretty much all I remember about that execrable movie.

Thread Information