Page 332 of 601 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Countries like South Korea and New Zealand, Cuba and Vietnam*, who took the threat seriously, are likely even lower.

Oregon and Washington are doing better than average (after Washington got blindsided), due IMO, to effective leadership.

*And many, many others. Our statistics are grim in comparison.

Countries like South Korea and New Zealand, Cuba and Vietnam*, who took the threat seriously, are likely even lower.
    these are examples of zero-covid policy though right? I'm not sure when all is said and done they are going to conclude that lockdowns that do not try to eliminate the virus work all that well. As opposed to zero-virus, which DOES try to eliminate the virus and not let it come back, which has worked surprisingly well. But U.S. lockdowns were never ever that and there is no point in pretending they were. Supposedly "draconian lockdowns" included "outdoor dining" in tents, um ... yea.

Maybe it slowed transmission enough that some people will get the vaccine rather than the virus and if one is one of these people of course that's what they want. I suspect 50% of people may have had the virus here, so that's not much of a slowing, and is actually in so many ways a failure of policy. But that's still 50% that will get the vaccine rather than the virus, glass half full. But only because this is the U.S. and we are first in line for the vaccine, Europe and other places with slow vaccine rollout do not have time on their side.

Lockdowns can preserve hospital capacity when threatened, but the political will to do that was sometimes not even there. When you have an unknown virus and your hospitals are getting overwhelmed it makes some sense to do a lockdown though (early days in New York certainly).
    Trees don't grow on money

Our contact tracing was next to non-existent, so I tend to agree with you.

Just ran across an interesting piece of news. Despite concerns to the contrary, apparently the number of suicides in the US during 2020 fell 6% from 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Just ran across an interesting piece of news. Despite concerns to the contrary, apparently the number of suicides in the US during 2020 fell 6% from 2019.
    Of course, we didn’t have to interact with each other!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    it's humor but there is probably a lot to that (well except the people who live with people that are stressful - their life was no fun)
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Lol. Good point. Although to be honest the few times in my life I’ve thought about murdering someone after an unpleasant interaction it wasn’t myself. 😂

I see Governor De Santis is still lying about the number of COVID deaths in Florida:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinio...hs-from-public

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I see Governor De Santis is still lying about the number of COVID deaths in Florida:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinio...hs-from-public
    I see that article was posted nearly a year ago. I suspect if they’re looking to create a red state Cuomo they’re going to need to be a little more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see that article was posted nearly a year ago. I suspect if they’re looking to create a red state Cuomo they’re going to need to be a little more creative.
    Update: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...ovid-19-deaths

He's still at it.

Thread Information