Page 251 of 601 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Hope Biden puts a countrywide mask mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Thank you. This is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    This past summer I made several posts about how despite the mask mandate cases in California were exploding.

Now 37 states have mask mandates. New Hampshire put one in this week. Let's see if this does anything. I think not. If masks work with many more mandates in place than during the summer new cases and positivity rates should be going down. Instead they are going up. If masks work states with mandates should be outperforming states without. Instead things are getting worse nationwide. The mask policy is a failed policy. Better to follow RI governor Raimundo and tell people to stop socializing with anyone outside their household.
    Have you read NOTHING these last few months? Masks alone DO HELP; they are not the cure! You are looking for something - anything - to blame for the inconveniences you are experiencing and "masks" seem to be it. I feel so sorry for you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

During the 1918 Spanish flu some people wore masks because it helped. I am sure you had plenty of dissent also.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    During the 1918 Spanish flu some people wore masks because it helped. I am sure you had plenty of dissent also.
    The more things change the more they stay the same.

https://www.history.com/news/1918-sp...ing-resistance

Yppej
    And the noose tightens - my dictator will now only let me travel to Hawaii or Vermont without quarantining for 2 weeks. Businesses in border towns are suffering. There are no exceptions even for going to a supermarket that will be closer to home but over a line on the map. In his pseudoscience virus particles become active at 10 PM and once you see a "Welcome to [Adjacent State]" sign. Yet you can travel 4 1/2 hours from Provincetown to Williamstown and be legal. If he were governor of Texas you could travel over 800 miles across the state and be okay but not live life within your own community of Texarkana since it also straddles Arkansas. If like me you've been to Texarkana you'll get the analogy and see how ridiculous the situation has become.

Jeppy we here in St. Louis, living on the line with Illinois, run into the same thing as well. Things are looser here in Missouri than they are in Illinois. Although my city is pretty tamped down and has been for quite a while since the beginning actually. But our restaurants haven’t been commanded to close yet. They are operating under limited capacity and are also providing outdoor dining options.

Meanwhile across the county line the restaurants are closed and restaurant owners are suing the government for that.

Jeppy, maybe you should move to Scott county Kansas, where my cousin-in-law is a teacher. They have the proud distinction of being #10 in The NY Times ‘counties with the highest number of recent cases’. You’ll like it. My cousin’s wife assures me that no one wears a god damn ****ing mask.

I'm glad to be living in a state where the governor gives a damn about something besides getting re-elected (he just was, easily) and sucking up to Trump. He's just initiated new guidelines, now that cases have spiked here. I save my respect for those governors, who, like Governor Whitmer, put the safety of their citizens ahead of politics--sometimes putting their own lives at risk to do so.

The thing is that most places are none to eager for business restrictions at all (lives saved don't weight all that highly in the balance). HOWEVER, places that do them are often balancing an extreme reluctance to shut stuff down against limited healthcare capacity, and not wanting the hospitals to get overwhelmed, and since they are so reluctant to shut down and it's exponential growth it's a risky strategy this walking right up to the edge. Other places just let their hospitals get overwhelmed outright.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information