Page 421 of 601 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What does this mean? What ship has sailed?

There is no over moderation ship here. There might be an “under-moderation” ship, if that is what you mean. I am ok with that even though I have seen one relentless poster kill a forum. Granted, the forum was on its last legs. It was a weird forum death because this poster was preternaturally happy and upbeat but was laser focused on one thing: showing pictures of his dog. It was a dog forum, but 1/3 of the posts were links to photos of his dog, badly photoshopped photos with stupid poems or sayings.
    My reference wasn't so much towards the moderation but towards the recalling of bad days and not wishing a repeat of them. I can see how my response was confusing - sorry.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Saw all the employees were wearing masks at the supermarket and the manager said it was a corporate mandate. Emailed their corporate office that this sends the message vaccines don't work and there is no advantage to getting vaccinated, and telling them in a tight labor market this will cost them applicants.

I have to say the public health authorities here pretty much NEVER said "wear a mask". That was not their advice. Their advice was "wear a face covering". Everyone seemed to use the term mask and they could only bring themselves to say "face covering". "Face covering" this, "face covering" that.

So it was wear a bandana, tie a t-shirt around your face, whatever, according to the advice public health gave. "Face covering", what even is that, why can't they speak in the language everyone else uses? They come across like people (excuse me I mean peoplex) on twitter convinced the ungendered term folks is gendered, only noone even knows why. Now I don't know that I ever saw a t-shirt, saw some bandanas, stayed even further away from those people!!! (and I was distancing from people anyway)
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Reached out to a Libertarian candidate in the area who opposes mask mandates, vaccine mandates, and shutdowns and who cares about deficits. Iris Lilies you are not the only one onto that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Saw all the employees were wearing masks at the supermarket and the manager said it was a corporate mandate. Emailed their corporate office that this sends the message vaccines don't work and there is no advantage to getting vaccinated, and telling them in a tight labor market this will cost them applicants.
    Even in a tight labor market, I would be reluctant to hire applicants challenged enough to draw that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Our local market workers *asked* that management impose mask requirements for customers and workers. The management went along with their wishes. I doubt anyone would work there, here, now, without such protection.

Probably because they have a clue or two about the situation.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Even in a tight labor market, I would be reluctant to hire applicants challenged enough to draw that conclusion.
    These are separate assertions of mine.

First, the fact that vaccines were supposed to let life get back to normal but that hasn't happened due to big government sends a message to everyone in society not just employees that is a disincentive to vaccination.

The second and separate assertion is that having to wear a mask 8 hours a day is a disincentive to employment. There are currently 10 million job openings but only 8.5 million unemployed people. Front line worker positions are the hardest to fill. Would you want to stand on your feet all day wearing a mask for low wages?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Our local market workers *asked* that management impose mask requirements for customers and workers. The management went along with their wishes. I doubt anyone would work there, here, now, without such protection.

My boss asked me the other day if I wanted to go to a conference in Dallas next month. I told him I would pass.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Masks are only 20% effective. If they were really clued in they'd be asking that the store go to curbside pickup only.

I am thankful that I do not have to make a work decision about either Texas, Florida, or many of the southern states (am retired). I have written them off for probably a long time. Told hubby that Texas will never see a $$ from me.

Thread Information