Page 569 of 601 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

That was interesting; thanks for sharing, Bae. We are still taking precautions but are becoming so much in the minority, that I've been wondering if we're been extreme. The article provides me with some reassurance to stay the course.

I was always masking but have become more lax since receiving all boosters and the flu vaccines. Here in TX few are wearing masks anywhere. We will be going to the hall for Thanksgiving. It does make me pause but the time has come (in my mind) to get back to living. There will be times when I still mask but cannot continue being totally isolated.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Just heard dear friends in Canada now are very sick with Covid. The talk here is that the flu is rampant and respiratory ailments for kids and elders is on the rise. May be time to don masks again?
    Masks were never recommended for RSV pre-covid because adjusting and tugging on the mask led kids to have greater contact between their hands and their faces, spreading the virus. But yeah, let's grasp at ineffective straws because doing something even if it's counterproductive has to better than doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Masks were never recommended for RSV pre-covid because adjusting and tugging on the mask led kids to have greater contact between their hands and their faces, spreading the virus. But yeah, let's grasp at ineffective straws because doing something even if it's counterproductive has to better than doing nothing.
    Please don't take medical advice from Yppej.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I was shocked last week when we went to an appointment at the major cancer center DH goes to. Masks are no longer mandatory but recommended. I would say 30% had n-95 types. Only about 10% had none. I anticipate that non masking will become the norm.

We are visiting mom for Christmas. At 96 and failing we all decided that it was more important to see her than let her not see her family. Since we will be coming from all over she will be at significant risk. Most of us have had Covid. All are vaccinated and boosted if required. It wasn't too difficult of a decision. Dying without seeing her family's faces is what she absolutely does not want and it is only a matter of time.

Isolation is very debilitating to the elderly.

Yppej
    The boss said not everyone can take off at the same time around Thanksgiving.

Employee #1 said he had cancer and was in the hospital. We called patient information to get his room number so we could send a card. They said he wasn't a patient.

Employee #2 called in for two days.

Employee #3 came in for a half day then said, "I think I have covid" and left. Texted the boss claiming he has a positive covid test. Earlier this year he was out 10 days supposedly with covid. We'll see if it's another 10 now. He's salaried so he still gets paid.

Earlier in the fall another guy went on the week + he had approved for his honeymoon, then claimed he had covid and got another week off.

If you have an employer that is gullible you can say you took a home test, never show anyone the results, and get as much time off as you want since people can get covid again and again. Neither vaccines or natural immunity stop it.

If push comes to shove and the employer asks to see the test, you can pour juice or other things on it to get a positive. Kids figured out how to do this when they wanted to miss school.

Covid, the excuse that keeps on giving.
    Last edited by Yppej; 11-27-22 at 2:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I was shocked last week when we went to an appointment at the major cancer center DH goes to. Masks are no longer mandatory but recommended. I would say 30% had n-95 types. Only about 10% had none. I anticipate that non masking will become the norm.

We are visiting mom for Christmas. At 96 and failing we all decided that it was more important to see her than let her not see her family. Since we will be coming from all over she will be at significant risk. Most of us have had Covid. All are vaccinated and boosted if required. It wasn't too difficult of a decision. Dying without seeing her family's faces is what she absolutely does not want and it is only a matter of time.

Isolation is very debilitating to the elderly.
    Rumor was that there were 2 suicides in ?st. Louis at one of the posh step-down senior facilities during the height of COvid. I am not sure how true that is.

yes, the isolation was very hard on senior citizens in care.

As an asthmatic, I think I am more likely to die of the common cold virus, RSV or the flu than Covid. I have all the shots I can get and still got the common cold. Thought about going to the ER but got a little better. Got it from husband so wearing a mask would likely have not helped.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rumor was that there were 2 suicides in ?st. Louis at one of the posh step-down senior facilities during the height of COvid. I am not sure how true that is.

yes, the isolation was very hard on senior citizens in care.
    "In care" must be the operative qualifier here. As an introvert, I can't relate.
    And how easy is it for people "in care" to commit suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "In care" must be the operative qualifier here. As an introvert, I can't relate.
    And how easy is it for people "in care" to commit suicide?
    I’m glad you asked that question Jane because I omitted the grizzly details.

Supposedly both of these elderly gentleman lept from their upper level floors.

Rather dramatic, eh? That’s why I really wonder if it’s true.

Thread Information