Page 130 of 601 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

The blood loss from this wound is down 90% from applying direct pressure, which really hurts quite a bit!

The wound isn't bleeding much now though, let's remove the pressure!

It'll all be good!

#Things_they_don't_teach_you_in_medic_school

every successful country, including only moderately successful ones who were by no means exemplary and are not entirely free of it (much of Europe including Italy), got the virus down to very low rates before reopening (they may also have traced and so on).

Of course it's possible the U.S. isn't CAPABLE of that anyway, it's a FAIL-STATE (failed state + failson) afterall, not capable of much.

Because the rate with lockdown here plateaued, it never really got low, now it's definitely on the rise here locally, everything is open, you can't get your nails painted because the your so vain song is about you, if you want, cheap often illegal immigrant labor probably not even earning minimum wage, serving you, and getting sick for it. What's not to like? But cases keep rising.
    Trees don't grow on money

I have a lot of respect for the "abundance of caution" school of thought in this case. The West Coast is slowly reopening with masks mandatory in most counties.

Yppej
    Covid reminds me of Y2K, another exaggerated "disaster".

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    People worked their *bleeps*off rewriting code for years before Y2K, and certifying critical systems would function properly. As a result, there was no disaster.

Covid-19, people worked their *bleeps* off as well, as a result only 118,334 people have died from it in the USA so far, as of this moment. Expect that number to continue upwards.

So yes, I suppose the two events are similar, in that action by informed and diligent people limited the impacts significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of Americans, to say nothing of citizens of other countries, didn't die due to Y2K. And it's not over yet.

I’ve been putting in huge hours for three months to meet the needs of dozens of Covid patients. It really frustrates me that people believe none of this is happening.

Yppej
    The people who are dying are for the most part people who would have died anyways of the flu or some other opportunistic infection. There are the proverbial exceptions that prove the rule. This is not like the disease epidemics that wiped out whole Native American communities upon first contact. Everyone wishes covid were not around, but it is not catastrophic. People have compared it to the Black Death and the Spanish flu of 1918, events of a totally different scale. There is a lot of paranoia and exaggeration by people with a vested interest in fearmongering, as with Y2K.

You are so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    You are so wrong
    Correct.

Thread Information