Page 138 of 601 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    California has been a strict state and their cases are rising. Cause and effect is not as simple as some of you are assuming.

I'd be delighted to be on your ignore list! I'd love to be a member of a club that includes people that believe in science!

California has been a strict state and their cases are rising. Cause and effect is not as simple as some of you are assuming.
    You don't know what you are talking about.

You don't live here. Stop generalizing about a place you don't live because you really have no idea what the actual law is in California. And instead of researching it, you are just spewing stereotypes about what you imagine to be true about California (that's it's a blue state so it must be strict, or that since it closed down early it must STILL be strict etc. - the second part isn't true, it's not strict now). It is true the (San Francisco) bay area has stricter restrictions, but that doesn't help your argument as most cases in California aren't coming from there!

I actually live in California. I have an actual incentive to actually follow what is going on here, in terms of lockdown restrictions and cases. We haven't been strict in weeks and weeks. Bars and tatoo parlors and massage parlors and nail salons and gyms are open now. Malls have been open for several few weeks as have hair salons and restaurants.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about.
    I concur.

Looking at the data coming in from all over the country, it appears there is a serious problem brewing. Yppej doesn't know what they are talking about.

Spain had a rock hard lock down and a very slow considered reopening. The latest news from people there is the cases are beginning to reappear. They are trying to do targeted shutdowns. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Bullshit! And I don't think you live there so you are clueless.

If we had a Leader who had followed Italy's advice, we would be done with this crap already! But no......we are climbing to the worst daily new cases since this fiasco was allowed to ramp up! 123k dead and counting

I’m in IL. My gym opens Friday. I’m there! Oddly at their Chicago locations, you have to wear a mask inside even while exercising. Yuck. I belong to LA Fitness.

Gov announced guidelines for reopening schools in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    If we had a Leader who had followed Italy's advice, we would be done with this crap already! But no......we are climbing to the worst daily new cases since this fiasco was allowed to ramp up! 123k dead and counting
    Given our govt system with 50 states, would the Feds have had the authority to shut the entry country down? I don’t really know. This is regardless of who the prez is.

So the governor of Texas is now telling people to stay home.

"Because the spread is so rampant right now, there’s never a reason for you to have to leave your home. Unless you do need to go out, the safest place for you is at your home" - gov of Texas

So tell me how is it's effect on business any different than a lockdown? Is it different because some reckless people will still go out? Even if the governor is saying don't do it etc.. Yea sure, but you can't necessarily sustain a restaurant or a gym or etc. on some portion of the population that is reckless though, you probably need more customers than that to break even.

I cancelled my gym membership, I accepted the inevitable reality that thing isn't going away anytime soon, I don't like it one bit, but it is what it is what it is. A gym branch here has already closed as well.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information