Page 296 of 601 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

It was just on the local news that because that state didn’t officially extend the lockdown for the Bay Area (but most
    Of the counties did) 8 restaurants in a county that didn’t officially extend, have reopened outdoor dining and were ‘packed’. You won’t find me at any of them...

Yppej
    There are increasing reports that negative tests are unreliable, especially against the new variant, but people are fatalistic. When the new variant was announced from the UK instead of shutting down Logan Airport the governor said we'll get the new variant here too. It's like he isn't even trying. He has tunnel vision and just keeps clamping on the same restrictions from the spring or extending them.

Wacky covid-19/pandemic side effect:

My father-in-law died on Christmas. My Dad is in the middle of doing all the Necessary Paperwork to move on. For some of these tasks, he needs death certificates...

He lives in Palm Springs...

Well, turns out that death certificate issuing is backed up massively in California right now. A combination of an unexpected number of people dying from "just the flu", and the offices that issue the certificates being short-staffed and not open for traditional walk-in business.

Hmmm.

My youngest just called to tell me that they, and the entire household they live with, are sick. They are all at home in varying states of illness. Only one got tested (positive) and the rest are sure they have it also. I am worried but hopeful. My offspring has no underlying conditions that we are aware of and was already out of work so no additional job stress for them. I will of course take over foods etc if asked (90 miles away so won't go if not needed!) or any otc stuff as requested. They have Amazon Prime (well someone there does) so they can order as needed without lots of shipping fees.... DD may have had it last spring when testing was not available unless you were hospitalized, and she is still not back to prior health. Or, she may have something equally worrying, we do not know for sure at this point. I'd rather be sick myself, than have those I love ill!

Oh no, Early, I'm sorry to hear this and hope everyone is OK.

Oh man, Early, that is rough. Hope everybody recovers well.

Bae, I am sorry for your loss.

early morning, I hope that everyone recovers quickly. I actually worry more about my youngest child than my parents. Mom and Dad are smart and virtually isolated on four acres (they have been keeping essential medical appointments and allowing my aunt and uncle to leave stuff on the porch and visit outside from about 20 feet way.) Dd is out in it all - 2 jobs and a boyfriend with a big family that doesn’t really follow the guidelines.

early morning, sending prayers and hope everyone recovers quickly and completely!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Sending lots of love and light to everyone. These are scary times.

The gorillas at the San Diego zoo have caught covid from an asymptomatic staff member.

Thread Information