Page 22 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There's an outbreak in an adult care facility near me. I hope we have enough test kits...
    Jeepers Jane, that's right, you live in Washington State. Be careful as you can! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Jeepers Jane, that's right, you live in Washington State. Be careful as you can! Rob
    Fortunately, I'm a pro at sequestering at home...

We have four confirmed cases of it in my county with at least one of the infections from unknown origin. So yesterday I finally stocked up on easy to stores staples that keep well; beans, rice, flour, masa, potatoes, onions, garlic, etc. I don't have much freezer space so got things that compact well and can go far when cooked; Italian sausage, ground beef, boneless pork shoulder. And dry salame. DH loaded up on mangoes, apples, cabbage and sunflower seeds. I guess they keep well?

I did a Walmart run this morning. Hadn’t shopped in several weeks so it was needed anyway. Did get extra toilet paper, toiletries, and other household itDMs. Tuna, PB, bread for the freezer. Already had pasta and frozen veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    For the record I was going by statements from the Harvard School of Medicine and the WHO, but like I said, there's some uncertainty. Your reference could also carry some decision making weight.

ETA, Speaking of which, I was thinking of reducing my cash transactions as a small measure that might help. For what ever a person would like to believe, it was mentioned that everyone in the world touches the credit card machines, and that cash was less of a risk. Made sense to me although a small item.
    I use Apple Pay whenever possible. Just put my phone close to terminal and voila!

Also, many credit and debit cards are contactless these days.

I got 40+ cans of soup on sale for $1, toiletry items, and more gallons of water today. There is plenty of merchandise in the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I got 40+ cans of soup on sale for $1, toiletry items, and more gallons of water today. There is plenty of merchandise in the supermarket.
    The liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer were pretty much decimated at Walmart, along with sanitizing wipes. There was plenty of bar soap. I got a ton of soup myself.

I didn’t check the rubbing alcohol stock or bleach. I already have both at home.

And while I don’t usually see eye to eye with Rob on anything, I do agree with making sure you have stuff to keep you occupied if you’re stuck at home.

I have plenty to read, including diving class texts. I enjoy writing letters and notes to people, so there’s that as well. Just have to make sure I have enough pens.

The class I teach opens tomorrow and since it’s new to me will consume a lot of time. Plus we have books, games, internet and tv.

I have tons of food in the freezer, but we're up S**t creek if the power goes. We'll have a feast over a couple of days though. haha .....although we'll have to cook everything in the fireplace. I suppose a gas outdoor grill would be a good purchase.
    I have refilled my meds. We're also considering a special hand pump to install over our well. I bought a lot of dried beans, nuts, peanut butter, etc.
    Don't forget to disinfect your cell phones on a regular basis. And wash your hands often and if you're out, don't touch your face.. There's so much more to think about........
    If this gets really bad.......I think most of us are in for a real shock.

Thread Information