Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Fortunately, DH is through with deforestation at our Herman place. If he was still hacking at that 75’ tall tree I would tell him to stop right now because there is no provision to go to the hospital in case of accident. He can’t step foot off of our property because it that would be taking big city germs to the small hamlet and that is a big no-no.

Obviously the patients had bad enough symptoms to be admitted but no one thought they were dying. My ex and his wife have a house in a small town where they go to fish frequently. The kids and I told them to move there until the virus passes. They decided to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My ex and his wife have a house in a small town where they go to fish frequently. The kids and I told them to move there until the virus passes. They decided to do that.
    We have a lot of people coming out to our remote rural area to do just that. I guess they figure a place with no ICU beds, difficulty of access to higher-level medical care, and limited logistical support is a good idea....

In Ontario, the cottage country authorities are begging people not to come their cottages as the medical facilities are ill-equipped for providing care for Covid and these cottagers will be bringing the danger to the small communities - in verification of Bae's post. Some are seeing it as family vacation time rather than needed isolation.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

They are within 15 minutes of a hospital. It’s a house in a small town and since they are 74 with health conditions they want to be in a less crowded town. They had been staying there before this happened working on the house they recently bought. They intend to stay home.

I remember reading about coronavirus during January. Just looked at my phone and on Jan. 31 I texted my son that Health and Human Services had declared coronavirus a public health emergency. There is something awfully wrong that we weren't ready to deal with this then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Shepherd View Post
    I remember reading about coronavirus during January. Just looked at my phone and on Jan. 31 I texted my son that Health and Human Services had declared coronavirus a public health emergency. There is something awfully wrong that we weren't ready to deal with this then.
    My County Emergency Management folks have been working on this since about then. It's not an easy problem.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    We have a lot of people coming out to our remote rural area to do just that. I guess they figure a place with no ICU beds, difficulty of access to higher-level medical care, and limited logistical support is a good idea....
    I live in a large retirement community in Florida. My county has 26 ICU beds and 18 are occupied. The county Orlando is in has about 65% of their beds occupied. Every day hundreds of new cases are reported.

so far we seem to be increasing at a much slower rate than the hardest hit areas but this week there is a huge influx of grandkids with NY, Michigan, CT, NJ etc. license plates. I’m sure some flew. My own grandkids always come for Easter but they are isolating up north and would not dream of going anywhere.

The average age age in my county is 66. By that time, many have high blood pressure, diabetes, there are many smokers. Looks like a perfect storm is brewing. We are continuing our isolation but we have been invited to several gatherings at peoples houses this week. Idiocy.

I remember hearing a news story of shore towns begging those whose shore houses were their 2nd homes to stay at their primary homes. The story was at least 4 maybe 6 weeks ago.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

The thing is I'm not sure it matters, people can stay in an urban area, but hospitals in many urban areas are becoming completely overwhelmed, yes they are better equipped to start out with, and if this was normal times and one had a health problem that might matter, but with the level of overwhelm being reached I'm not sure it does. One can go to a more rural area but hospitals there will become overwhelmed.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Thread Information