Page 435 of 601 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    I thought the point of testing is to contain the virus. When there is widespread community spread it's like shutting the barn door after the horse has left. If you tested everyone you would have millions of cases in pretty much every state (maybe not Wyoming because it's so sparsely populated). Wouldn't the media have a field day with that? And yet we've already got the cases we just don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Apparently the pro-death President Of Brazil was forced to eat pizza on the sidewalk after NYC restaurants refused him entry because he isn’t vaccinated. Of course the UN is going to use the ‘honor system’ of vaccine requirements the same way the debate folks used the ‘honor system’ for testing last fall resulting in team trump showing up all diseased. Already one of Bolsonaro’s delegation has tested positive for the covids.
    It was widely reported that Bolsonaro was "forced" to eat his pizza outside due to New York's requirement that all indoor restaurant seating required vaccinations. It must have been too juicy to check to see if the restaurant in question even had indoor seating. Someone once said "If you don't read the newspaper you're un-informed. If you do read the newspaper you're mis-informed". I think this is a perfect example.

And for those who like to think they're following "the science" I think the science shows that those persons who have already had Covid (as Bolsonaro has) have natural antibodies that provide a higher, or at least equal level of protection than any current vaccines. So, why would these "science followers" continue to insist that proof of vaccine be a requirement and not allow proof of recovery be considered. It doesn't make sense.

As for the 'honor system' at the UN, well that's just another example of our world leaders holding themselves to a different standard than they insist the rest of us follow. I believe that your mayor has even told us that she "didn't need the fun police to come in and tell her what to do when she's feeling the spirit" after being caught violating her own mandate. Man, you can't make this stuff up.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    It might be explained by the former president's oft-announced disdain for testing. But there's not much excuse for not having widespread availability now.
    so joe biden cannot make it happen? Is the puppet master Trump pulling strings to keep this from happening?

Get a GRIP people. Daddy Joe is the President and he can make things happen.

And for those who like to think they're following "the science" I think the science shows that those persons who have already had Covid (as Bolsonaro has) have natural antibodies that provide a higher, or at least equal level of protection than any current vaccines.
    you may think so but this is much disputed.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    you may think so but this is much disputed.
    Natural immunity is a wonderful thing, but I'm not willing to risk my life in hopes of getting it. And given the number of people who have lost that gamble lately, I can't imagine who would.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    so joe biden cannot make it happen? Is the puppet master Trump pulling strings to keep this from happening?

Get a GRIP people. Daddy Joe is the President and he can make things happen.
    The tracking and tracing train left the station 18 months ago. It only works if 1) people are willing to participate which many Americans are not, and 2) if the number of infections is low enough to make it manageable, which is obviously not the case in much of the US because ‘muh freedumb’. At this point all we can do is hope that Alan’s speculation that the diseased who don’t die actually are immune for some length of time. Between those folks and the rest of us who were smart enough to get vaccinated we will hopefully achieve herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It was widely reported that Bolsonaro was "forced" to eat his pizza outside due to New York's requirement that all indoor restaurant seating required vaccinations. It must have been too juicy to check to see if the restaurant in question even had indoor seating. Someone once said "If you don't read the newspaper you're un-informed. If you do read the newspaper you're mis-informed". I think this is a perfect example.

While unlikely it’s certainly possible that bolsonaro intended to eat pizza for dinner. After all nyc has some fantastic pizza by the slice.*. But the reality is that even if he did intend to experience New York’s famed pizza, given the weather most of the by the slice places have at least a few indoor seats.

*fun nyc pizza fact: the average price of a slice in nyc has generally tracked the cost of a subway token since WWII. (Subway token obviously being a euphemism for the cost of transit in the city since tokens have not been used for a couple of decades now)

I don't think the point of the home test kits is to track and trace and isolate and quarantine on a mass scale and thus suppress the virus. So yes that didn't happen, maybe couldn't happen given porous borders. But it never happened in the UK either of course. I think the point is for conscientious people (they are the ones who would voluntarily) to test themselves before they interact with others, especially if they have symptoms. Thus reducing the spread of the virus. It might also help in collecting data (on breakthrough infections etc.)

Why don't we have it? Who knows. I mean the truth is most of us expect very little from the U.S. government in terms of handling the pandemic well at this point. So why don't we expect it? Too many months of nonsense. The vaccine mandates I understand because it's an out of control situation some places.

But then the UK is not generally top on anyone's list of handling the pandemic well either! But it probably is easier to implement sending out and integrating home test kits in an NHS style system (if you doubt that consider that here you had to show an insurance card before getting a vaccine even though the government paid, even though that probably discouraged at least a few people from vaccination). But even then it doesn't seem like it would be impossible here. But nothing has been handled well, and noone even expects it to be.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    I did not have to show an insurance card to get either dose, each at a different place.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    A 66 year old fully vaccinated friend is in the hospital with Covid and five people who had been around her tested positive so far. ICU's still over 90℅ full around me. Our vaccination rate is now close to 55% but I never see anyone wearing a mask except in large chain stores that mandate them. However their nose is hanging out or they are on their chins.

Thread Information