Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I suppose dental office visits these days would screen with questions around recent travel history, any respiratory health concerns, and a quick temperature check.
    From my briefings this week, as of last Friday we stopped really worrying about "recent travel history", except as a matter of statistics and contact tracing, as the virus is now in the community. Symptoms are sufficient to raise concern at this point.

Knowing that someone has no travel history may only produce a false sense of security.

My employer's national governing body has recommended we turn off all drinking fountains. This is going to be unpopular with the many choirs who perform and practice here. Oh well, they can bring in their own plastic bottles.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Knowing that someone has no travel history may only produce a false sense of security.
    I suppose what they are calling community spread may be inevitable. Our first case was interesting. A young man who had recently been in Italy and flew to Colorado to a ski area. No symptoms during travel but at the ski area he showed some of the symptoms and immediately went to the area hospital and told of his travel history. The second case was an elderly lady who had been on a cruise ship recently. That might be how it all starts. I've watched too many vampire movies.

I had a click bait ad show up on my computer advertising N95 masks...$35.95 each. That's just wrong.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You mean cancel for a cleaning?
    I'm debating not going to Mexico next month for a cleaning which may be a tad hypocritical on my part as Mexico has fewer cases than the US - both literally and on a per capita basis. Perhaps it would be wise for Mexico to bar access to Americans to prevent spread of the virus? Rob

At one time early on with this I was thinking, now here's one Trump failure that he can't blame on Hillary or Obama. I totally underestimated him. Seems to deal with the lack of test kits and some imaginary Obama rule that Trump rolled back.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...navirus-tests/

I see that South x Southwest has been cancelled! I feel so bad for the musicians, conference goers, and the city of Austin.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I see that South x Southwest has been cancelled!
    Yeah, DD just texted me. She had platinum tickets to attend through work so very disappointed. As I understand, it was a city decision and not the festival managers. They wanted to carry on but so many vendors had dropped out anyway.

He also disbanded the Pandemic Response Team created by President Obama, and hasn't replaced the many CDC staffers that quit or were fired. "Trimming the fat," don't you know...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    From my briefings this week, as of last Friday we stopped really worrying about "recent travel history", except as a matter of statistics and contact tracing, as the virus is now in the community. Symptoms are sufficient to raise concern at this point.

bae, what do you think about this CDC advice? You seem to be very informed

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...lications.html

per the explanation on CNN people over 60 should stay at home as much as possible per epidemiologists they interviewed

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/healt...ing/index.html

Both of my hands have painful cracked skin from excessive washing. The skin was already dry and now it looks like it might bleed. I need to let up on the washing.

Thread Information