Page 145 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That was an interesting article, Jeppy. Thanks for posting. We've only gotten take-out 5 times and we haven't eaten in a restaurant since 3/14/20. I love to eat out, but it isn't worth the risk.
    We ate out twice since all this happened and restaurants started reopening. One restaurant simplified its menu and eliminated most everything I like, so it definitely was not a great experience.

We live in a tourist area and I notice that all the locals are wearing masks and none of the tourists seem to be. It's like they have different personal behavior expectations away from home. It's kind of a weird divide.

Tybee: That is lousy that tourists are being inconsiderate. Maybe they think that being on vacation means no personal responsibility.
    I should have said about restaurants that it isn't worth the risk to me and DH. Everyone needs to do their own personal risk-benefit analysis, and we won't all reach the same conclusions. My first non-grocery public forays were to local garden centers for plants, very important to me but I'm sure not everyone would see it the same way.

Good point about personal risk-benefit analysis.
    As far as the tourists, I get where they are coming from, I am not mask-shaming anyone, just thinking about the psychology of it all. I think part of the problem we are having with this whole experience is that not enough attention is being paid to psychology, and too much emphasis is being put on giving people directives, without them having any input or buy-in. From a psychological standpoint, that's a set-up for both stress and failure.

I am really saddened to see how people are blaming other people, instead of the disease, not that you are doing that, but I am working hard to not scapegoat other people and assume the worst about them.
    And I am actually sickened when I hear people wishing that sick people who have, according to them, brought the disease upon themselves by not obeying their directives, should be forced to not seek healthcare. I think people who are making those statements, if they are in health care, need to seek another profession.

That's just my opinion, of course.

I do think restaurant behavior has to do with let's go out, not cook, enjoy a familiar happy place--for me, the restaurant we went to was no longer a happy place because of masks, anxiety, etc. etc.

The cautious people are probably not thinking "hey now is a great time to take a vacation" or if they do they go to a hotel and don't go out much but just spend their time on the beach and get takeout, or they go camping (though the shared bathrooms could be a vector unless it's true backcountry), or they go to Iceland - if they can manage to stay safe on the plane. So yea the tourists now are going to be a sample of the reckless ones.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    A stranger came up to me in the store telling me how she hates masks, they fog up her glasses, etc. She liked my idea of having a mask burning party when this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A stranger came up to me in the store telling me how she hates masks, they fog up her glasses, etc. She liked my idea of having a mask burning party when this is over.
    Hooray for science denialism!

I hate pants, I'm tired of wearing them and not ok with shorts or skirts or dresses either. I'm ok with wearing a shirt if I have to I guess though I'd rather not, but why should I have to cover the bottom part of my body too? That's really going too far! I can't wait for the pants burning party, so my buns can breath free as the day I was born. Now that's freedom. I say if we were meant to wear clothes we would have been born with them. They are threatening to arrest me for going around without pants. What kind of dictatorship do we live in I ask you? Worse than Stalin and Hitler and Pol Pot combined. And then people shake their head and shame me for walking around nude as well. It's horrible. So tired of this totalitarianism.
    Trees don't grow on money

Tybee: You are kinder than I am, because I do blame people when they behave irresponsibly - that is how the virus spreads.
    ANM: lol

What is there to get? We are in a PANDEMIC. Wear a mask to protect others and, possibly, yourself... don't be so selfish as to put others at risk!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tybee: You are kinder than I am, because I do blame people when they behave irresponsibly - that is how the virus spreads.
    ANM: lol
    I agree. It is not rocket science.

Thread Information