Page 135 of 601 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I don't blame you Tradd. One thing I sometimes do is pull the mask under my nose so it only covers my mouth, which makes it a little easier to breathe, but I have not tried singing.
    It's supposed to cover the nose too, or it's much less effective. You know this, I suspect.

In case you don't:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

In case you do:

Have some ice cream....

I'll hang on to my masks when this is all over. There's always a flu season.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Or the common cold, or some new rare virus, or smog, or a nuclear power plant blows up, somethiing else to be afraid of. Or you could get sprayed by a skunk while talking and it could get in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Me, too. I have one in the front pocket of my wallet - easy access. I'm not sure when "all over" will be, but I have a feeling it will be a long time from now. I have no problem wearing a mask, whether others wear them or not.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    On the news I heard there are multiple corona outbreaks in college towns and the students with the virus are largely asymptomatic. Of course the media made this out to be doom and gloom but I think, absent a vaccine, it is the best news we could have, because it means we are developing herd immunity without people getting sick, being hospitalized, or dying. And research is increasingly showing that immunity does develop, with "second" infections now believed to be old remnants of the virus, not reinfection, and more promising work with plasma treatments.

As Bae’s link shows, I think we are not sure yet on dental. I’m purring off my cleaning cause it can wait.

I was surprised that breathing treatments for asthma require airborne precautions. We switched entirely to inhalers instead of SVNs in my dept as soon as COVID started.

Yppej
    TY Tammy.

On the news I heard there are multiple corona outbreaks in college towns and the students with the virus are largely asymptomatic. Of course the media made this out to be doom and gloom but I think, absent a vaccine, it is the best news we could have, because it means we are developing herd immunity without people getting sick, being hospitalized, or dying. And research is increasingly showing that immunity does develop, with "second" infections now believed to be old remnants of the virus, not reinfection, and more promising work with plasma treatments.
    Umm, you might want to get your information from some other source than the news. Perhaps I could recommend the actual research instead? Which is quite recent, and I would describe it as "increasingly showing"...

On Thursday in fact, pretty much the first research to characterize the immune response in asymptomatic people was published.

It suggests that they mount a weaker response to the virus than people who develop symptoms. And in < 1 month, antibody levels fall to undetectable levels in 40 percent of asymptomatic people and 13 percent of symptomatic people. Herd immunity may not be so easy to establish as your claim.

So, back to your news then... No links for you, but you are welcome to come by our EOC for the daily conference...

Y, I think you have so much on your plate that you are lashing out and not facing your real problems. You are under employed despite having a college degree and a MI son dependent on you with no end in sight to develop your own life. I have been there and therapy really helped me to break free out of my prison and have my own life.

Or the common cold, or some new rare virus, or smog, or a nuclear power plant blows up, somethiing else to be afraid of. Or you could get sprayed by a skunk while talking and it could get in your mouth.
    How could I forget ash fall? I wasn't prepared for that when St. Helens blew. I'm ready now!

Thread Information