Page 252 of 601 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

There are no exceptions even for going to a supermarket that will be closer to home but over a line on the map.
    Not true.
    “Travelers are exempt from the requirements to fill out the Travel Form and self-quarantine or obtain a negative COVID-19 test result if their travel is limited to brief trips for purposes that the commissioner has designated as Critical Life Activities:

Grocery shopping
    Visits to pharmacies <snipped>

Thanks Herbgeek. I was sure that was the case but since Yppej blocked me I didn’t bother looking it up.

Yppej
    Here is some truth telling about sensationalist media stories about there being so many covid deaths there is no room for the bodies in the morgue.

One story about one city (El Paso) was played repeatedly over a week. No one stopped to comment that it is an outlier because it is near the border and people who want better care than they can get in Mexico come here. My uncle worked at a hospital in southern California and the same influx happened pre-pandemic with women giving birth.

In my own state one of our outside salesmen told me when he visited a hospital there were refrigerated trucks in the parking lot for covid victims not because there are so many bodies they cannot be accommodated by local funeral homes but because these are foreign nationals whose families want to bring them home for burial but haven't come up with the money yet due to a financial crisis caused by lockdowns. The first week there were a bunch of Brazilians, the following week a bunch of Haitians.

The media can't relay the whole story in sound bites, nor do they want to. Sensationalism and panic sell better.

So many spikes going on. Just sending out prayers and positive energies to everyone for health and safety.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Our coroner has warned that the funeral homes are filling up and overflow spaces at the county building are being used. We aren’t as bad as some parts of the country. This is real. When my stepson’s mom died in August it took 2 weeks for them to cremate her because they were so busy.

Pretty convincing hoax, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Pretty convincing hoax, I'd say.
    I learned on facebook yesterday that the expiration date of the hoax has been pushed back from November 4th to January 20th now.

Yppej
    My mom who has several underlying conditions and walks daily has been trying to follow the new law to wear masks in public even if not around others. She gets dizzy and almost passes out. Yet I notice college and professional athletes do not have to wear masks during games. When they win they do group hugs sans mask. This elitism, which says the rules only apply to the little people, is another reason I hate the stupid mask mandates.

ETA There are regular news reports of infected players, I guess elites can get covid too, but they still don't have to wear masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yet I notice college and professional athletes do not have to wear masks during games. When they win they do group hugs sans mask. This elitism, which says the rules only apply to the little people, is another reason I hate the stupid mask mandates.
    They have regular testing, sports teams have regular testing, often time bubbles, whole procedures to control covid, to allow professional sports to go on. Come on, EVERYONE has heard of that. So in no way can you compare that to social situations where none of that exists. It's apples and oranges and you see elitism when it simply isn't there. I mean fine feel free to make the case that "noone needs to watch sports" but whatever.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Here is some truth telling about sensationalist media stories about there being so many covid deaths there is no room for the bodies in the morgue...

The media can't relay the whole story in sound bites, nor do they want to. Sensationalism and panic sell better.
    I have family friends who are funeral directors in my home town, so have watched their obituaries for years. There has maybe been a slight uptick in reported obituaries but nothing remarkable. I suspect as much as sensationalism, there is some truth to the stories in areas whose leaders and/or residents consider mask, social distancing, and other safe behavior a personal liberty.

Thread Information