Page 362 of 601 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

I’m not particularly worried about myself. I’m fully vaccinated. The thing I find sadly fascinating is that so many people seem to not understand that the latest guidance on masks in airports/planes is to protect the unvaccinated from being infected by potentially infectious but asymptomatic vaccinated (or not) people. All the maskholes at the airport today either still don’t get the main point of masks over a year into this or else they don’t care about protecting people they don’t know.

Full vaccination only means you got the one vaccine that was available to you. You arent covered from break-through infections, variants, and Lord knows what else by placing yourself in the path of several thousand “mask-holes “

But by all means Please do carry on your purely-for-pleasure travel while deinigrating your fellow travelers.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    No door-knockers here yet but DH got a letter in the mail urging him to get vaccinated. Apparently, the state health dept knows who has or hasn't been vaccinated. I no longer talk with him about it but often think about the possible consequences of his decision. He always said he would get one when it was finally approved and there may be many others who feel that way.
    A letter would be less intrusive, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Full vaccination only means you got the one vaccine that was available to you. You arent covered from break-through infections, variants, and Lord knows what else by placing yourself in the path of several thousand “mask-holes “

But by all means Please do carry on your purely-for-pleasure travel while deinigrating your fellow travelers.
    So should I be ‘cowering in fear’? That’s what all the anti vax idiots online would say I was doing if I ‘stopped living my life’. And since virtually all people in the hospital in the US with covid currently are non vaxxed I’ll take my chances.

And it’s not like I traveled to some idiot red place like Springfield Missouri where they are running out of hospital beds because of low vax rates combined with the super transmissible, but still mostly vax blocked delta variant.

And I will continue using to wear a mask, correctly, in crowded indoor places just in case I might be infected and not know it. Because that’s the kind of guy I am. One who doesn’t want to unknowingly and accidentally infect other people with a potentially deadly virus.

So people with enough money to travel (so definitely not someone who couldn't get vaccinated because they feared getting in trouble for missing a day off the job(s) they work). And yet they don't get a vaccine. Pretty unsympathetic. What do they even think they are doing boarding a plane without getting vaccinated.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So should I be ‘cowering in fear’? ….
    oh gosh no! What you “should” do (remember, you asked!) is to stop with the “Idiots” “ idiot” and especially “mask-holes” terms to make your company more pleasant.

Wouldn't it be so much more pleasant to read posts that are respectful of others and their views, oh I so wish this would happen. Seeing and respect for each others humanity is the basis or foundation of any human contact. Change always begins with me.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I emailed the governor's office and state health department about mandating masks for outpatient services for vaccinated people, which I disagree with. I continue to look out of state for a place that will give me a mask free eye exam so I can actually see for the tests without my vision fogging up. I saw one place in Colorado that is mask optional but that is too far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Full vaccination only means you got the one vaccine that was available to you. You arent covered from break-through infections, variants....
    I agree. A mask continues to protect one's self and others.

Also agree with razz - Seeing and respect for each others humanity is the basis or foundation of any human contact. Change always begins with me.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information