Page 364 of 438 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4375

Thread: Conavirus......

Does anyone think there might be another lockdown with the way the Delta variant is going?

The situation in some places is frightening, but the governors of the worst-hit areas all seem to be Republicans, so I doubt it.

Our rate continues to climb and 3 people have died from the Delta variant that were not vaccinated, had no other conditions and werenít seniors.

No. But we are getting as many cases a day as in the 2020 spring lockdowns (and there was no vaccine then, and a population with little exposure).
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Iíll be surprised if we see any more lockdowns. The areas where lockdowns need to happen are areas where politics will prevent them from happening. With the exception of LA. The case numbers there are bad. We may see lockdowns there but there will be bitter fights about it.

Virtually all the cases in the Chicago area are unvaxxed people. Same with hospitalizations and deaths. A lot of the cases are younger people.

Got an email this morning advising an employee was diagnosed with Covid. Those letter pertain to any City employee not necessarily from my workplace specifically. I wonder if the person was unvaccinated or it was a "break through" case.

I am not worried about Delta variant at present, because DW and I both are fully vaccinated. The rare breakthrough cases have not resulted in hospitalizations, I understand. But I do worry about unvaccinated people gathering in the hot spots (Utah and SW Missouri come mind). Later on, after schools start up, it seems highly likely there will be outbreaks in specific schools. Kids infected with the Delta variant will bring the virus home after school, I imagine. So 3 and 6 months from now I fear the cases per 100,000 will be higher.

I would not be complacent about the death rates per 100,000. As of July 13, 2021 the 10 states with the highest death rates are:
    NJ 298
    NY 275
    MA 261
    RI 258
    MS 250
    AZ 248
    AL 233
    CT 232
    LA 233
    SD 230

For what it's worth, the party affiliations of the governors of the 10 states with the highest death rates at present are Republican (5) and Democratic (5) equally.

"For what it's worth, the party affiliations of the governors of the 10 states with the highest death rates at present are Republican (5) and Democratic (5) equally."

Are those rates cumulative? Because recently, Republican governors have actively discouraged people from taking actions that might slow COVID spread, as in Florida and Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Are those rates cumulative?
    Yes, I assume so.
    http://www.statista.com/statistics/1...es-us-by-state

Thread Information