Page 160 of 601 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

I heard (news) AZ is going to triage the sick and not even try to treat everyone if it can't but only those with the best chances of making it. This is called "activating crisis care standards" (hey I'm not a medical person it's just how it's being reported)

So it's a trainwreck. No offense though, we aren't doing very well here in Southern California either. Be safe out there.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I heard (news) AZ is going to triage the sick and not even try to treat everyone if it can't but only those with the best chances of making it. This is called "activating crisis care standards" (hey I'm not a medical person it's just how it's being reported)

So it's a trainwreck. No offense though, we aren't doing very well here in Southern California either. Be safe out there.
    Yes, if it's what I've heard of it's kind of reverse triage, where the more comorbidities you have, the less treatment you receive, the older you are, the less treatment you receive, etc.

We just lost a 34-year old man here in our community. He was days from closing on a house and making his wedding plans.
    The guy [a shirttail cousin to my girls] who was to be his best man said,
    “I’m supposed to be standing next him as he marries his best friend. I can’t even stand next to him to bury him. And people want to be mad about having to wear a mask.”

https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/...vancouver-man/

Look at him! Look how vital he looks! And he was working from home!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    Treatment for covid is changing, with medical personnel now less likely to intubate patients or put them on ventilators because of the negative side effects vs oxygen. This makes a lot of sense to me, especially if oxygen is fed in only through the nose and the mouth is free. Anything covering up your face and interfering with your breathing freely is bad news, including masks.

I guarantee even the rah rah masks people whip them off as soon as they get home, and no one says it's so comfortable it's just like another piece of clothing and I forget I have it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yes, if it's what I've heard of it's kind of reverse triage, where the more comorbidities you have, the less treatment you receive, the older you are, the less treatment you receive, etc.
    Sounds like those "death panels" people were talking about a few years ago. But single-payer health coverage for everyone doesn't exist so this must be happening with ... private insurance? How can that be???
    Last edited by SteveinMN; 7-11-20 at 3:29pm.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I have a full face mask with my cpap machine and it helps me breathe much better.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    We just lost a 34-year old man here in our community. He was days from closing on a house and making his wedding plans.
    The guy [a shirttail cousin to my girls] who was to be his best man said,
    “I’m supposed to be standing next him as he marries his best friend. I can’t even stand next to him to bury him. And people want to be mad about having to wear a mask.”

https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/...vancouver-man/

Look at him! Look how vital he looks! And he was working from home!

That is really too bad about that young guy. This disease is so squirrely— predictable victims to a large extent but not certain victims

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Anything covering up your face and interfering with your breathing freely is bad news, including masks.
    People who know that they have covid shouldn't need masks since they should be quarantining.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

I guarantee even the rah rah masks people whip them off as soon as they get home, and no one says it's so comfortable it's just like another piece of clothing and I forget I have it on.
    Of course people take their masks off at home. There's no one around for them to potentially infect. Back when I used to have to wear a suit to work everyday I took it off as soon as I got home as well. In that case because there was no one around for whom I needed to look professional.

Tybee, I don’t think it’s reverse triage, the point if triage as I understand it is to use the resources for the people who are most likely to survive if you get to them first. Maybe that’s not the usual process. My understanding comes from my grandfather who was a WWII surgeon.

I have been doing to the gym since they reopened a couple of weeks ago. I am absolutely gobsmacked by the number of seniors that are coming in. And a large number of them are rather ill looking folks

Thread Information