Page 7 of 601 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Good luck, Happystuff.

Happy, I had a bad cold 2 months ago and a non productive cough that never went away. Now I have another cold, sore throat and cough. This is getting old.

Thanks, rosarugosa and TT.

Diagnosis is now, officially, bronchitis and meds are now 12 day course of prednisone and a pint bottle of Promethazine+ cough medicine. Have to laugh at the big bottle of cough medicine - it says don't drink alcohol while using, yet right on front says "Alcohol 7.0%". At least I may sleep a little better.

TT - good luck shaking whatever you have. Don't wait too long to get to a dr, if you have to.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I bet you will sleep better).

The Washington Post had an article saying the Coronavirus is less of a threat than the flu...for now. Then today the Pentagon announced they were prepared to house 1,000 quarantined people in military bases. I've watched too many zombie films, but that is sounding familiar. I'm probably still in the not enough information place, but aside from the more important issues of life and health, it's not stacking up very well for the global economy.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Thanks, rosarugosa and TT.

Diagnosis is now, officially, bronchitis and meds are now 12 day course of prednisone and a pint bottle of Promethazine+ cough medicine. Have to laugh at the big bottle of cough medicine - it says don't drink alcohol while using, yet right on front says "Alcohol 7.0%". At least I may sleep a little better.

TT - good luck shaking whatever you have. Don't wait too long to get to a dr, if you have to.
    You know, I was going to suggest prednisone, but since I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on the internet . . .

Prednisone has saved my life on more than one occasion.

I'm sure my eyes have suffered, and I know my weight has suffered, but I'm alive, so there is that.

My 91 year old dad is taking it now and has a new lease on life. His quality of life is infinitely better than it was a year ago.

Obviously, if you can get off it when you are done with the burst, that is better still!

Prednisone has been a multi-use drug for my dogs.

Prednisone is a wonder drug when used at the right time and in the right amounts. It has some really serious side effects but oh, the relief. At one time I would have seriously considered getting some from a vet when the doctor told me to just suffer.

I wonder about the draconian measures being taken to contain this virus. What do they know that they're not telling the world, exactly?

Thread Information