Page 55 of 601 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

The Fed gov. is in hopeless paralysis, useless, arguing about dumb stuff, I kind of wish most of them would just get corona virus.

States and some cities are acting and just outlawing everything, I'm glad they are acting at least with regards to the social distancing etc.. They are really coming through in these times. Because the Fed gov has all but abdicated and left it entirely to the states if anything is going to be done.
    Trees don't grow on money

A man told me his brother's ashes were going to be interred at Arlington Cemetery. Would it be essential to go there?

Today's conservatives want to make the federal government so small they can "drown it in a bathtub" (see Grover Norquist), so they purposely starve it and administer it so heartlessly and ham-handedly that citizens will turn to their states to do what they can. I have a vision of red Ambu-bags with MAGA on them--do-it-youself ventilators.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Today's conservatives want to make the federal government so small they can "drown it in a bathtub" (see Grover Norquist), so they purposely starve it and administer it so heartlessly and ham-handedly that citizens will turn to their states to do what they can.
    That's how it was designed.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

San Francisco area goes on lockdown at Midnight!

Got an email from my gym (LA Fitness) that all locations are closing, effective today, until at least 4/1.

Our dentist has canceled all appointments. I believe our eye appointments will be canceled by tomorrow because those waiting rooms are huge. The gym closed as of tonight. DH made one last Costco trip and said it was insane but at least they were limiting items. He was only able to get about half of what he was looking for. We just ran out to Safeway to store up on the fresh stuff. We should be able to go about a month.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I wonder where they draw lines? Landscaping services, breweries, florists, construction companies? They are pretty much non-essential.
    Boston's mayor ordered all construction stopped.

Ever clear in place of rubbing alcohol.

you heard it from me!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Ever clear in place of rubbing alcohol.

you heard it from me!
    What is the alcohol percent in everclear? I ask that because it may actually need to be watered down to be most effective. Apparently 70% is most effective. I was recently reading an article explaining that if the alcohol content is too high you scotch the outside wall of the virus but don’t kill the actual virus inside the wall. The lower alcohol content gives it time to break the wall and then kill the virus. (Which is why you need to use enough 60%+ sanitizer that it takes a while to completely dry on your hands)

Thread Information