Page 198 of 601 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

As was in the news.... he has known early on that the virus is by airborne spread.
    There was no consensus that the virus was airborne (and mostly otherwise) when Trump supposedly believed it was airborne (well travels in the air). So Trump uniquely ahead of the curve in having an understanding of things, or making stuff up? Uh it's Trump of course it's believing whatever is in his head that day. Trump denotes none of whatever brain power he might have to stuff that doesn't very narrowly interest him. But as for what did he know and when did he know it, that didn't even exist in our knowledge of the disease at the time I suspect.

But suspecting it was dangerous was of course warranted and he suspected it was dangerous and did little about it. That much is true.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I understand they hand out masks at those rallies, that takes us back to the original question. Do you want them arrested or fined and does that desire have anything to do with whether or not they're wearing a mask?
    The question is, is it acceptable for them to refuse a mask, get infected, and then go infect others? Personally I'd say no, but I suppose other people might say "but, muh freedom!" 250,000 cases have now been tied to Sturgis. How many restaurant workers and others they subsequently interacted with in that area have now had their lives effed up, potentially fatally, because of the irresponsibility of so many people? Assuming a 1% death rate that's 2500 lives cut short because selfish people insisted on having their annual biker vacation.

I'm now up to six people I personally know that have been infected. I learned today that the unplanned three week absence a professional contact took about six weeks ago was because he had covid. (eight people if I include his wife and young son who I've never met). MG, my professional contact, had a moderately severe case, two weeks of serious fever, coughing, etc, but didn't end up in the hospital. His wife had a mild case, his young son no symptoms at all but now has antibodies. Fortunately MG has good insurance and an understanding employer so he was able to take the time he needed and had access to top notch healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    There was no consensus that the virus was airborne (and mostly otherwise) when Trump supposedly believed it was airborne (well travels in the air). So Trump uniquely ahead of the curve in having an understanding of things, or making stuff up? Uh it's Trump of course it's believing whatever is in his head that day. Trump denotes none of whatever brain power he might have to stuff that doesn't very narrowly interest him. But as for what did he know and when did he know it, that didn't even exist in our knowledge of the disease at the time I suspect.

But suspecting it was dangerous was of course warranted and he suspected it was dangerous and did little about it. That much is true.
    For him to be discussing the idea that it was transmitted airborne at that time likely means that people like Fauci had informed him that that was the case, or at least the suspected case, well before the rest of us were informed of that now well understood fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The question is, is it acceptable for them to refuse a mask, get infected, and then go infect others? Personally I'd say no, but I suppose other people might say "but, muh freedom!" 250,000 cases have now been tied to Sturgis.
    250,000 or maybe only 290 according to the AP. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sturgis...esearch-doubt/ , and again by The Huffington Post https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sturg...b62b3add3b4cc3

I guess it depends upon who you ask and which narrative they wish to advance.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I'm now up to six people I personally know that have been infected. I learned today that the unplanned three week absence a professional contact took about six weeks ago was because he had covid. (eight people if I include his wife and young son who I've never met). MG, my professional contact, had a moderately severe case, two weeks of serious fever, coughing, etc, but didn't end up in the hospital. His wife had a mild case, his young son no symptoms at all but now has antibodies. Fortunately MG has good insurance and an understanding employer so he was able to take the time he needed and had access to top notch healthcare.
    I'm curious, among your associates who have had Covid has there been any commonality of possible exposure or lax behavior? There are the obvious super spreader events like Sturgis and a few more isolated cases that I've read about in the news, but there is no one in my social circle or their families or friends who have had it. Most of us are retired and have the luxury of being safer at home and have generally followed something like what Fauci recommends for good practice, but there are a few multigenerational families with younger school teachers teaching remotely and also some child care duties. My area has not shown up as any big hot spot but probably falls somewhere in the middle for infection severity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I'm curious, among your associates who have had Covid has there been any commonality of possible exposure or lax behavior? There are the obvious super spreader events like Sturgis and a few more isolated cases that I've read about in the news, but there is no one in my social circle or their families or friends who have had it. Most of us are retired and have the luxury of being safer at home and have generally followed something like what Fauci recommends for good practice, but there are a few multigenerational families with younger school teachers teaching remotely and also some child care duties. My area has not shown up as any big hot spot but probably falls somewhere in the middle for infection severity.
    There doesn’t seem to be any definitive pattern that I can see except maybe plane travel. Three traveled by plane in February and March. One lives in nyc and probably got it either on transit or at a store before masking was universal. One just got it despite serious efforts to play it safe and one likely got it through their kid’s daycare because several families got it.

We’re continuing to stay home as much as possible but since we’re moving in a week we’ve had random people in our home and will have to do so some more over the next week and a half. A risk but there’s not really anything we can do to avoid it other than mask up, wash hands a lot and open windows.

For him to be discussing the idea that it was transmitted airborne at that time likely means that people like Fauci had informed him that that was the case, or at least the suspected case, well before the rest of us were informed of that now well understood fact.
    So the World Health Organization was in on the lying (of course the CDC). Tell me is there anything Fauci doesn't lie to us about then, all of them costing lives? Because not being informed of this costs lives as with masks. And that's the real scandal here then and Trump a mere distraction. To deliberately withhold from the public information that could save lives when you know better and you are the expert: immoral and likely criminal. Send them all to the Hague (Trump and Fauci) if it can be proven.
    Trees don't grow on money

250,000 or maybe only 290 according to the AP. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sturgis...esearch-doubt/ , and again by The Huffington Post https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sturg...b62b3add3b4cc3

I guess it depends upon who you ask and which narrative they wish to advance.
    This is the new infections map as of 8/31. I wonder what that big red blob in western south dakota is...sturgis.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    So the World Health Organization was in on the lying (of course the CDC). Tell me is there anything Fauci doesn't lie to us about then, all of them costing lives? Because not being informed of this costs lives as with masks. And that's the real scandal here then and Trump a mere distraction. To deliberately withhold from the public information that could save lives when you know better and you are the expert: immoral and likely criminal. Send them all to the Hague (Trump and Fauci) if it can be proven.
    Knowing that a not insignificant amount of Americans have a tendency towards selfishness and non-empathy what should Fauci have done? I agree that lying about the usefulness of masks was wrong. And definitely affects his credibility for forever. But if he had said ‘wear a mask’ in February or early March how many people would have run out and bought 5,000 masks, leaving none for healthcare workers? Or worse, done like the asshole who rented a big truck and ran around and bought up all the sanitizer at every store he could get to in Ohio or wherever it was.

I get what you're saying, I just don't like the idea of government mandates which then require punitive measures to punish any naysayers.

I admittedly don't get out as much as I used to but I do visit the local grocery store and hardware store and gas station from time to time. Maybe it's just my area but I haven't seen anyone violating mask guidelines while in proximity to others in months. Maybe they're all just reasonable people who figure that the guidelines make sense and it's in their interest to follow them but I'd hate to see the odd person without a mask face legal consequences for it.

Keep the guidelines and forget about punishing people for their lapses. I doubt their intent is to hurt you.
    Alan, If someone gives me the virus, I won't much care if their intent was to cause me harm or not.

Thread Information