Page 430 of 601 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Vaccines do work. They don’t work perfectly. You really should become a Republican. Your inability to see all the shades of gray on the Pantone color wheel is remarkable. And kind of sad.
    If vaccines work life should change for the better. And in some places it does. Provincetown, site of an outbreak that did little harm due to vaccination, at first overreacted by reimposing a mask mandate but later came to its senses and dropped it.

For vaccines to work enough people have to take them. Your rage about masks would be better spent figuring out how to get the unvaccinated to take a jab.

Yppej
    For vaccines to work enough people have to take them. Your rage about masks would be better spent figuring out how to get the unvaccinated to take a jab.
    My idea is that they should be called the Trump vaccines as they were developed during his presidency at warp speed. The Donald loves anything with his name on it and would then promote the shots to his followers.

Yppej
    They work for those who take them, however many or few that group is. And if people don't want that protection that's on them. It's a free country (sort of).

Yppej
    Heard from the ACLU and they will not take my case on the city mask mandate but they said try the State Attorney General's Civil Rights Office. I will see how things play out locally but I did submit a complaint to the Civil Rights Office on my separate masking for jury duty issue.
    Last edited by Yppej; 9-16-21 at 11:47am.

Apparently the "death panels" republicans feared so much during the debates about the ACA have come to Idaho, not because of the ACA but because the party of personal responsibility doesn't actually expect people to act personally responsible and now that lack of responsibility is causing other people to die. Yay freedumb.

Apparently the "death panels" republicans feared so much during the debates about the ACA have come to Idaho, not because of the ACA but because the party of personal responsibility doesn't actually expect people to act personally responsible and now that lack of responsibility is causing other people to die. Yay freedumb.
    You are correct. Vacc rate is under 50% and the mass gatherings continue because well, you know. Washington hospitals are mad as hell about all the transfers the last few weeks. A rural hospital with 1 ICU room, has converted their cafeteria into an ICU.....perfect place to be if you've had a stroke or a heart attack (and are vaccinated)........

IT.......IS........UGLY! I've never seen MDs cry or have to choke down tears and anger during a press conference.

I believe vaccines do work to a significant degree but how much and with how much waning? I have never been more confused about the situation in the entire pandemic.

And I live like vaccines work kinda,I do a lot more, but kinda not, I don't do all I want to.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post

IT.......IS........UGLY!
    Just wait until we're supporting them the rest of their lives because Biden said if you have long covid you qualify for SSI. I guess they join the drug addicts and others disabled by choice feeding at the public trough, or living off the SSI they get because their child(ren) are declared disabled.

The last person to work for a living please turn off the lights. And don't forget taxpayer you're the bad guy for not wanting to wear a mask because you're vaccinated. I guarantee you the covid disabled sitting at home all day won't be wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I believe vaccines do work to a significant degree but how much and with how much waning? I have never been more confused about the situation in the entire pandemic.

And I live like vaccines work kinda,I do a lot more, but kinda not, I don't do all I want to.
    The big issue is the variants. We are 3 variants down the road from what the vaccine was created to destroy. Had we promptly vaccinated to the herd immunity level, as we did for Polio, Smallpox, MMR, etc) we wouldn't be passing around Mu (49 states already). Had we literally closed our borders instead of pretending we did, we would not have brought in any covid from other countries..........the errors in mitigation go on....and on......and on........and we're all living it every stinkin' day.

Crisis Standards of Care.

Rationing healthcare.

Public Health be damned.

Here we are.

Thread Information