Page 431 of 601 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Big cats are getting covid. We better put cones on them like dogs get after surgery and stretch masks across the cones.

Or as Chic sings, "Ah, freak out!"

My, admittedly not big, cats have the whole social distancing thing down pat. They avoid contact with all other living creatures that aren’t either SO and me or each other. The only exception they make are fruit flies and other bugs which they like to snack on. For everyone else who comes in our house they hide under the bed so hopefully they will be safe.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My, admittedly not big, cats have the whole social distancing thing down pat. They avoid contact with all other living creatures that aren’t either SO and me or each other. The only exception they make are fruit flies and other bugs which they like to snack on. For everyone else who comes in our house they hide under the bed so hopefully they will be safe.
    Just make sure if you ever have to quarantine you board the cats. Yes, "public health" zealotry knows no bounds:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...n-pass-it-pets

Despite there not being a single case to pet to human transmission, they still want you to disrupt the lives of your pets. I remember the one time I put a dog in a kennel because I had to go to my brother's wedding. This easygoing dog yowled all the way home when picked up to express his displeasure and chewed completely through his leash while there, the only time he ever did that. We paid extra for him to have play time with other dogs, but it wasn't the same as being with his pack.

But as with humans, psychological trauma from restrictions, including jumps in suicide attempts by teen girls, doesn't matter to these zealots.

The nerve of health scientists. Being concerned that something could potentially be a problem. Next thing you know we’ll have governors and public health officials taking steps to limit the spread of the disease. How horrifying! It’s my god given right as a ‘murican to infect as many people as I can with my germs.

Up here, in Canada, we’re experiencing a 4th wave - the Delta variant. Most of us have had the first two shots, but no boosters yet. Hubby and I are high risk, so we’re cautious. Thankfully, Nova Scotia doesn’t have many cases yet, and those they do have are either related to travel or someone else who has Covid. Still we have company coming from British Columbia in October. That’s the opposite side of the country. Her plane has to land in two high covid places before reaching us. We are a bit nervous.

The Nova Scotia government has been quick to restrict land and sea traffic into the province if they see a problem developing. Not so much air traffic. Most of our cases come from people flying in and not properly quarantining or self-isolating.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Idaho is rationing care.

https://time.com/6095898/idaho-rationing-covid/ Could be coming to you if people continue to listen to internet and TV self appointed health experts who hawk snake oil cures and anti vaccination. Freedom has a price that unfortunately health care workers are facing along with the largely unvaccinated who are consuming enormous amounts of medical resources. Wait until next years health insurance premium pricing.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    This morning someone told me Idaho had such a problem from the dirty disease infested people pouring across the border. Last I knew the had no border with Mexico and their vaccination rate is around 40%.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    This morning someone told me Idaho had such a problem from the dirty disease infested people pouring across the border. Last I knew the had no border with Mexico and their vaccination rate is around 40%.
    Idaho has a border with Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Idaho has such a problem because it's one of the least vaccinated states in the country. There are a lot of white supremacists and related malcontents there (who love to point their nicotine-stained fingers at immigrants from a country that has fewer infected people than we do.

Speaking of borders, it makes me angry that ignorant Idahoans are now breaching Washington's borders and taking up valuable beds when at least the western part of our state is between 70% and 80% vaccinated.

Thread Information