Page 70 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170570 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Not that I would use regulatory complexity as a very useful benchmark.
    It isn't.

I'm sure there are plenty of factors involved; much as I like the job Tim Walz is doing in Minnesota, I don't know as I'd credit his words alone with the difference. I stand by my experience in living here for 35+ years. But I won't deny that others have had different experiences.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

IMO, it's past time to go to universal mail-in ballots. It gets rid of the fraud, shenanigans, machine malfunctions (purposeful or not), malicious hacking, too few polling places designed to disenfranchise, driving, standing in line, etc. etc. For the federalists among us, do it on a state by state basis. But do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    IMO, it's past time to go to universal mail-in ballots. It gets rid of the fraud, shenanigans, machine malfunctions (purposeful or not), malicious hacking, too few polling places designed to disenfranchise, driving, standing in line, etc. etc. For the federalists among us, do it on a state by state basis. But do it.
    AGREED! I've done mail in voting on and off for a number of years.

Then we will start hearing about nefarious Republican postmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    AGREED! I've done mail in voting on and off for a number of years.
    My County cancelled our Special Election just now, because even though we are all-mail-in, little old ladies still have to sit in a room and open the ballots, and they didn't want to deal with that.

Personally, I think they could have come up with a safe protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Then we will start hearing about nefarious Republican postmasters.
    You make a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Our primary will be mail in. IL, the younger people have jobs which is probably why the workers are old. However, I told my husband he couldn’t work it either. A friend of ours has a counseling business and said their receptionist quit with no notice. He told them he would do it. I told him not if he expected to keep living here)
    Many young people have jobs that pay vacation days. DH did not. He lost income for times he did his civic duty serving jury duty, giving blood, working polls.

I think it’s cute that in our neighborhood we have many eager doobie wanting to do good because they’re not working at the moment so they want to run errands for seniors. Nice of them. We have 16 volunteers lined up in our neighborhood.

We have zero takers.

I would like to see the doobies carry on their volunteerism when this virus thing is over.

I don't see anyone using vacation days to work at the polls but because they pay I am sure they will get some people.

I sit the polls in my area. I am supposed to have my "class" in May for this year's elections. I'm thinking I will know by then what is going on, etc.

Edited to add: I didn't get vacation for those days. I had to take off without pay. It was a long day, but I really enjoyed it. (still a newbie at it - )
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Anyone from Oregon? I hear it's been mail-in ballot only for several years and am told the residents love it!

Thread Information