Page 72 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Just got an emergency alert on my phone calling for health care professionals to sign up with the state.

Never seen anything like that in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by KnownRogue View Post
    Just got an emergency alert on my phone calling for health care professionals to sign up with the state.

Never seen anything like that in my life.
    Yep, got that too (NW Chicago suburbs).

Is it going to be voluntary to do so or some sort of punishment? I don’t think people should be forced to work.

Yppej
    I cancelled my May vacation. I don't know if anything will be open then. As of tomorrow only people fighting the virus or displaced by it are allowed to rent a hotel room in my state, where I had planned to go (a couple hours from home). Also who knows if I will even be employed and have money to vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I cancelled my May vacation. I don't know if anything will be open then. As of tomorrow only people fighting the virus or displaced by it are allowed to rent a hotel room in my state, where I had planned to go (a couple hours from home). Also who knows if I will even be employed and have money to vacation.
    My vacation to dive off Michigan’s Thumb Memorial Day weekend is still scheduled. If the dive boat cancels, I’ll get a refund. I have reservations at a little mom and pop hotel that didn’t require a deposit since I stayed with them last year. So if I doesn’t happen, I won’t be out any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Is it going to be voluntary to do so or some sort of punishment? I don’t think people should be forced to work.
    It didn't say SHALL or Report To, so I don't think its mandatory.

Heard some talk on another forum about folks still in the inactive reserve getting called back to military service to man medical tents, but I imagine that would be corpsmen or medics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Yep, got that too (NW Chicago suburbs).
    We got that yesterday in St. Louis.

Here is an article about it in the Trib:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...eei-story.html

I think it's wonderful if they are willing to do it, but yeah, mostly they are in the older more susceptible bracket.

Just saw a article a nurse wrote saying she lost 3 virus patients in 8 hours. All were talking and okay and dead 30 minutes later.

Well the hospitals around here won't even take you if you are "ok" (aka think you have corona but aren't in a real bad way - well actually they won't even test you), you have to have difficulty breathing or they won't take you.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information