Page 30 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    "A reset of society" will involve the deaths of lots of innocent people.

I spent the day in the Emergency Operations Center working on Stuff. One of the cheery tasks I had was developing a model for how many body bags we had to have in stock, for our coroner.
    I don't relish the thought and I agree a reset would be traumatic.....very traumatic. I am only seeking a silver lining should things soon morph into China/Iran/Italy bad. Perhaps ecenomic restructuring might a silver lining? Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't relish the thought and I agree a reset would be traumatic.....very traumatic. I am only seeking a silver lining should things soon morph into China/Iran/Italy bad. Perhaps ecenomic restructuring might a silver lining? Rob
    Should be economic restructuring. Rob

Maricopa county (Phoenix and outlying areas) has its second case. The first one was weeks ago and I think related to travel, and the patient has recovered. This one, I’m not sure ...

Hubby who is a big Fox news fan came in telling me last night that "oh this virus has only killed a certain amount, etc, etc."

I told him that yes and it kills those above 60 years old, those with a compromised immune system.

And reminded him that since he is 67, with COPD, he fits into those categories...………

Maybe I am stressing for no reason?

I hope so, I really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    They'd probably be out of them, Jane....you can't buy hand sanitizer anywhere in Clark County today.
    There's that. I hear you can make hand sanitizer--2/3 isopropyl alcohol and 1/3 aloe vera. If you can find isopropyl.
    One thing this is bringing home--there are supplies one should always keep on hand.

I don’t get why sanitizer is better than washing your hands in hot soapy water.

It this for occasions where you cannot get to water? I say, buy a bunch of disposable gloves and wear those, like to the grocery store.

Our grocery store has been providing sanitized throwaway cloths for their shopping carts for a while now, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    Hubby who is a big Fox news fan came in telling me last night that "oh this virus has only killed a certain amount, etc, etc."

I told him that yes and it kills those above 60 years old, those with a compromised immune system.

And reminded him that since he is 67, with COPD, he fits into those categories...………

Maybe I am stressing for no reason?

I hope so, I really hope so.
    Both my husband and I fall into the same two categories. I think your husband's approach is probably the healthiest. I figure fear and worry will supress my immune system.

Anyway, I don't really care about what happens to me, the only fear that chills me is for my kids and grandkids.

But I talked to one in Oregon yesterday and he calmed me down, so I think that is the right approach, be sensible, wash hands, and fear not.

In the news today I see that:

Italy banned public events (and closed movie theaters).
    Israel said residents should stop shaking hands.
    Saudi Arabia suspended Umra pilgrimages (to Mecca and Medina).

Starbucks decided that this year's annual meeting of shareholders will be "virtual only".

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Both my husband and I fall into the same two categories. I think your husband's approach is probably the healthiest. I figure fear and worry will supress my immune system.

Anyway, I don't really care about what happens to me, the only fear that chills me is for my kids and grandkids.

But I talked to one in Oregon yesterday and he calmed me down, so I think that is the right approach, be sensible, wash hands, and fear not.
    Children appear preternaturally immune, thank goodness. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...zling-n1147951

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t get why sanitizer is better than washing your hands in hot soapy water.

It this for occasions where you cannot get to water? I say, buy a bunch of disposable gloves and wear those, like to the grocery store.

Our grocery store has been providing sanitized throwaway cloths for their shopping carts for a while now, anyway.
    I think it's just another tool. I have hand sanitizers, or I may break out gloves. I keep antiseptic wipes in the car.

Thread Information