Page 342 of 601 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    As others have said working for the government requires a fairly extensive background check. I have had at least two. They even came and interviewed my husband which was pretty funny. Took months. I have a passport, Global Entry, etc. Adding a vaccine part to it is fine with me if it allows me to travel outside the US. Or even to use some inside the US facilities.

Privacy? Give me a break. If you use a computer, you have no privacy. Family DNA will track you down.
    Husband's info got hacked because of gov. My info has been also because of background checks. Gov is paying for credit monitoring for both of us. Interestingly, when we travel many times are assigned to pre-check and just slide right through. Is it because we travelled frequently or because of the background checks????

Airlines can assign you to precheck just because. We get it for business/first class. However, one time Precheck was slower than regular lines. A strange occurrence. Had to use handicapped once due to knee damage and walker use. Best transport thru airport ever.

Yppej
    More people are arguing for ditching the masks, but the dictators refuse to give up their fearmongering and control freakishness:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewals...h=1afda0207f08

I am growing to especially despise Rachelle Walensky, who seems to wish we lived in a big brother surveillance state.

Masks would seem the opposite of a surveillance state. Otherwise why do bank robbers wear them?

Yppej
    I emailed the governor's constituent services line and selected the option to report someone for violating covid guidelines. I then reported that the governor is not and throughout the pandemic has not been wearing his mask at news conferences including ones held indoors. I said that being the case masks aren't that important, and that I know he doesn't care what ordinary people think, but he could at least listen to Scott Gottlieb and look across the state line at New Hampshire where the sky is not falling, and dump the mask mandate.

On the webpage where you go to submit your tattling there is a picture of the governor at a news conference, surrounded by people wearing masks, but not wearing one himself. It is indoors. Here is the link:

https://www.mass.gov/orgs/office-of-the-governor

Do you have the time/energy to accomplish anything other than raging at the world about masks? Surely there must be a better hobby for you somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Masks would seem the opposite of a surveillance state. Otherwise why do bank robbers wear them?
    lol

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    lol
    Walensky seems disappointed that there is no easy way to surveil citizens to see if they are vaccinated, so she wants to mandate masks for vaccinated people although no one seriously believes there is any medical benefit. I wonder if she would like a big scarlet letter U for unvaccinated on people's foreheads.

If getting the J&J vaccine which is 66% effective means you are fully vaccinated, then the people who got one dose of Pfizer and Moderna at 87% effectiveness are also de facto fully vaccinated, even though they haven't got their second dose to get them up to 95%. None of these people should be forced to wear masks. It is stupid and sends the message that vaccines don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Walensky seems disappointed that there is no easy way to surveil citizens to see if they are vaccinated, so she wants to mandate masks for vaccinated people although no one seriously believes there is any medical benefit. I wonder if she would like a big scarlet letter U for unvaccinated on people's foreheads.
    Last time you expressed this same idea, I thought the resolve was that the markings would be "NV" - not vaccinated. Hmmm... nobody seems to be taking you up on the idea, though. Maybe go find the tattling website to submit an occurrence of ignoring constituent suggestions.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Mask mandates in indoor public places should continue until all who want a vaccine have one. But this implies not just availability of a second shot to all over 16 at least, but a few months of hard outreach to those for whom it is hard to get the vaccine (those without internet access, without a car, without the ability to take time off work or go out of their way for a shot). That does not mean converting those against vaccines. It means making vaccines readily available. As for offices or something well it's a much more limited demographic, so everything that applies to the broad broad demographic of the general public may not apply, employers could offer vaccinations at work to any who have not received them, and sure masks mandates could be dropped.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information