Page 306 of 601 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Might also work well for those who object to nuts....

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Just don't put the sundae in the spinner. It won't go well.
    Might be a way to make a shake that doesn’t require a blender. Multipurposing the salad spinner and getting rid of the blender. Seems like simple living at it’s best!

Yppej
    Today's news included images of people indoors crowded together buying lottery tickets (and not wearing masks if that matters to you). Earlier this week big caravans of unmasked migrants heading to our border, walking shoulder to shoulder, hoping Biden will let them wait the outcome of their asylum hearings in the US. Cut to commercial break and the Florida Keys is running an ad encouraging people to come on down for vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    And Boris Johnson and the UK health officials announce their variant is more lethal. But we couldn't stop the jet set from flying and keep it out. The South African variant is bad news too - vaccines don't work as well with it. People flying around the world are our problem, not someone trying on a pair of jeans. Surfaces don't spread covid, people who travel around the world do. Our leaders are so stupid.
    Gotta hand it to you, you're absolutely relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It is fascinating seeing the Russian troll farm at work.
    I wonder about trolls, knee deep on social media and mostly obvious. They must get paid, but by whom? Russia, I know, but lots of them seem to live elsewhere.
    Is anyone's mind changed after reading their off-the-wall swill?

Yppej
    I wonder how you become a Russian troll. Seems like an easy second income stream. You can do it from home and pick your own hours. I wonder how much they make.

A couple of weeks ago I learned that a high school friend of mine died from COVID. He was my age, 68. I had on my to-do list for today to send a sympathy card to his wife. I just learned that she passed away last week.

Two people who had children and grandchildren. They are just two people out of 400,000 that have died--people who shouldn't have had to die, and were it not for a disease that has not been adequately controlled in this country, they would both be alive today.

Take a look at the NYT today. One year post-COVID, Wuhan is in full swing and back to normal, while we stutter and start into Year Two with thousands of people dying every day. Almost 4,000 just yesterday. Jay and Karen Curtis from Lexington KY were just two of them. I pray for their families, and for political leadership that cares.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/w...gtype=Homepage
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I wonder how many other problems will be found to have been ignored or made worse by the last administration, as vaccine distribution was. With government bureaus decimated, I imagine quite a few. The new crew is in for a monumental challenge.

And what would one give to live somewhere they had controlled it and have life back? Nearly everything.

But a lot of countries failed to one degree or another. But of course Trump made everything worse, there was a distinct upswing in people out and about after Trump started tweeting his "liberate" garbage. Even in a blue state? Yep. It's hardly that everyone is a Trumper, it's just that what was a shared effort ...

Is anyone really shocked at the coup when so many local public health officials quit out of threats to their lives, due to Trump and what he encouraged.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I wonder how you become a Russian troll. Seems like an easy second income stream. You can do it from home and pick your own hours. I wonder how much they make.
    Most Russian trolls are unpaid folks who simply amplify the message unwittingly. They are called "useful idiots".

Thread Information